Just received this letter from chief exec

What else are you going to do on dark winter mornings ........ 🤔😀

Haven't had mine.
Digie and CPC cards cut into little pieces the day I entered Eternity Leave. Since retirement, I've got used to being a human being again, instead of a knakkered piece of sh1t, at the beck and call of a numpty with a computer keyboard. A so called, Traffic Controller.
I'd been saying to the plonkers I worked for, for as long as can remember. Who will replace the guys retiring. Time to start training warehouse personnel. The way it used to be done. No kid in their right mind would want to spend £6000+ to qualify for a crap job.Only to be told by a potential employer to, "Come back when you've got some experience." East european drivers were only a stop gap before the inevitable short fall. Real transport people replaced by bean counters.
There are too many in management who know the cost of everything, and the value of nothing.
Glad I got that off my chest. Feeling better already. Come the revolution .............. :)

Haven't had mine.
Digie and CPC cards cut into little pieces the day I entered Eternity Leave. Since retirement, I've got used to being a human being again, instead of a knakkered piece of sh1t, at the beck and call of a numpty with a computer keyboard. A so called, Traffic Controller.
I'd been saying to the plonkers I worked for, for as long as can remember. Who will replace the guys retiring. Time to start training warehouse personnel. The way it used to be done. No kid in their right mind would want to spend £6000+ to qualify for a crap job.Only to be told by a potential employer to, "Come back when you've got some experience." East european drivers were only a stop gap before the inevitable short fall. Real transport people replaced by bean counters.
There are too many in management who know the cost of everything, and the value of nothing.
Glad I got that off my chest. Feeling better already. Come the revolution .............. :)
Wot u trying to say derek

Not HGV, but I used to love driving for a living, but even as a courier I had to stop and take a proper driving job as prices were getting more and more squeezed, jobs I would have done same day were being shifted to 7.5 t trucks, who more often than not were passing them on to Palletline etc, the outfits I subbed for were refusing to up the rates per mile, you only got paid while loaded, but no waiting time, transport is pants, and to have 44t behind you and some ******** in a hot hatch brake check you, my hat is off to those guys, they always did deserve better.

Got mine as well. Super employers, treated like a real person and untold riches.
Beam me up Boris o_Oo_O
There must still be employers like that about. About as rare as hens teeth though.
I do get the feeling, my leg may be getting a little tug. Listen carefully you’ll hear the bells ring.😬

There’s a shortage of skilled labour right across the board. No apprentices have been started the last couple of years in the building trades and even before this crap rather than take a job as an apprentice they we’re getting more money working in a shop or a fast food place this minimum wage stuff is a lot to blame. You could have one great worker and one numpty getting paid the same no incentive to roll there sleeves up and get tore in.

A lot of truck repair guys are going to be getting these letters they have their licenses but don't want to drive for a living, I certainly don't, too many numpties on the road, also the facilities are no where near as good as they used to be, expensive parking that used to be free, awful food at motorway services and many transport cafes closed so there are less places to park up overnight.

Awww Gordon,
Please go back to work.. Jeff and other HGV drivers, too.
Then you'll be paying shedloads of tax .
So that idle Pensioners like me can continue living a life of luxury.
My pension needs YOU.!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back