Just stopped!

Sean

Renault Master Campervan 2008.
I have been using the camper problem free, even with a superb MOT pass.

Park up in the evening after a run. Really happy with performance having put super diesel in the tank.

Following afternoon my grandson and I scrubbed the cab floor with soap and water in readiness to fit the new carpet.

Went to start the engine to take home my assistant and though turns over healthily the engine will not start. After two days of trying the only indication of anything is the lack of fuel smell after attempting to start.

Any offer of direction will be appreciated as I am lost with this issue. Thank yiu

Any warning lights on dashboard . One trick, i use when very cold is give the glow plugs a double dose of heat before starting ,

Any warning lights on dashboard . One trick, i use when very cold is give the glow plugs a double dose of heat before starting ,
No lights as extra. Tried double heat and even triple heat

Had a similar prob on my 2009 Master, it was the non return valve on the filter letting the fuel drain back. Easy to check if they are transparent pipes, just look to see if they have fuel or air in them. (the fuel filter is rear left of the engine on mine)

When I had a farm near Huntly some years ago we had a winter with -20C temperatures. The diesel froze. Put a heater underneath and some petrol in the tank with the diesel. I know that's not likely but if there's water in the diesel filter it could freeze if it's been really cold down your way.

I had an ancient Nuffield tractor, with an excess fuel button, and it started first time every time whereas a little digger I had was always a problem. I sometimes had to unscrew the fuel line to make sure fuel was getting through while turning the engine over. You say you couldn't smell fuel, so maybe there's some kind of blockage.

I had similar with Renault 2.5 Dci
1st time using the bellows solved the problem ! This Re-primed.
"nd time like now garage called as fuel pump failed.
Motorhome in storage my usual garage is on-board but still awaiting fix.
No problem not going anywhere.but doing so very very quickly (due to the Earths rotation)

About 15 years ago I travelled to Moscow fairly frequently. During winter time the roads between the airport and city were lined with ancient diesel trucks parked up with piles of burning paraffin soaked rags under their diesel tanks! I know this was common practice in the UK many years back but to see it in the early 2000’s astonished me.

Quick small squirt of easy start or wd40 in the intake, if it fires then you have a fuel fault, which can be frozen fuel or an electronic fault, do look at the throttle pedal if fly by wire.

Quick small squirt of easy start or wd40 in the intake, if it fires then you have a fuel fault, which can be frozen fuel or an electronic fault, do look at the throttle pedal if fly by wire.
Thanks. I have looked at and tried other suggestions. No luck so far.

Renault Master Campervan 2008.
Park up in the evening after a run. Really happy with performance having put super diesel in the tank.
Went to start the engine to take home my assistant and though turns over healthily the engine will not start.
Any offer of direction will be appreciated as I am lost with this issue. Thank yiu
Sure it was diesel you topped it up with

Thanks to all who offered guidance.
After spending hours hunting and finding nothing in the end the diagnostic computer at the garage it was found to be a total failure of the mass air sensor.
A pricey job but I'm a 'happy camper'

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back