Kelso 2024. 4-9 July 2024

Biggarmac

Rally Organiser

The Kelso meet for 2024 is from the 4 -9 July 2024. It is 10 days after the Orkney rally for any members going back South.

I do not have this years prices from the Events Centre but will post them as soon as I hear from the venue.

Last edited:
Hi if this is still on can we book from Saturday 6th until Tuesday 9th. 3 nights. Please let me know. Dave & Lorna

Hi,
I understand this is now cancelled due to the Border Union (owners of the site) upping their prices and minimum stay durations to a silly level?

Has anyone pointed out to them that not only will they be loosing out on ANY income from this meet (which is virtually all profit for them compared to having an empty field to gaze at), the town itself is going to miss out on a fair bit of income as well?
Maybe a note to https://www.letsgokelso.com/ and https://www.visitkelso.com/about-us/ to suggest to those business groups they have a word with the Border Union pointing out the ramifications might be worthwhile?

There are often groups of campers in the area that we use when I drive past Springwood and if this stance from them has become standard and all these camping meets disappear, this will impact the town not insignificantly I think (it is not the liveliest place in the world and needs all the help it can get!).

In complete agreement with what you have said wildebus, it is very short sighted of the Border Union. Didn't have my name down for this meet but was very much looking forward to attending, again. I think Border Union have not only done themselves a disservice, perhaps to the tune of £2500 or more, but also Kelso town. I remember last year seeing many a familiar face in town enjoying the hospitality on offer and also buying from the market in the square. Such a shame that the ability for us to support Kelso has been undermined by short sighted greed.

Oh, I got a reply this morning ....

Good Morning David,

Thank you very much for your email and note what you say. We will
forward this to BUAS and hopefully they will come back to you. The town
appreciate all the visitors we get and would hope to welcome the
Motorhome Owners in the very near future.

Kind regards
June Swan
The Visit Kelso Team

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back