Knowepark Livingston.

runnach

Phoned their satellite expert, happy with cost etc, only problem is, they are heaving with work in their workshops!! :cry:

Funnily enough I’ve just had an email from Grant (see below) which made me laugh, despite the cost to replace a smashed headlamp glass (not my fault it just shattered when nobody was looking!).

Hi Tony

I included a screen shot as proof to show the headlight cost has it’s robbery with violence ☹ sorry

Delivery £82.50 inc vat

Fitting Cost 1 hour labour £ 72.00 inc vat

Headlight £1603.35 inc vat (euro’s 1876.56) rate 1EUR = 0.8543 GBP)

Cheers

Grant

Grant Finlay

Warranty & Repair Workshop

01506 411827 Ext: 212

Grant@Knowepark.com

Funnily enough I’ve just had an email from Grant (see below) which made me laugh, despite the cost to replace a smashed headlamp glass (not my fault it just shattered when nobody was looking!).

Hi Tony

I included a screen shot as proof to show the headlight cost has it’s robbery with violence ☹ sorry

Delivery £82.50 inc vat

Fitting Cost 1 hour labour £ 72.00 inc vat

Headlight £1603.35 inc vat (euro’s 1876.56) rate 1EUR = 0.8543 GBP)

Cheers

Grant

Grant Finlay

Warranty & Repair Workshop

01506 411827 Ext: 212

Grant@Knowepark.com
OUCH!!

Bloody right OUCH - how can you justify £1600 for a headlamp glass. Trouble is it has to be fixed otherwise our trip to euro land will be off. Photo of offending culprit attached - it’s a known issue apparently and some guys have 3D printed their own in plastic but I’m neither skilled enough nor knowledgeable enough for that. Grant reckons he can fit us in fairly soon🤞🤞🤞

IMG_5420.jpeg

Bloody right OUCH - how can you justify £1600 for a headlamp glass. Trouble is it has to be fixed otherwise our trip to euro land will be off. Photo of offending culprit attached - it’s a known issue apparently and some guys have 3D printed their own in plastic but I’m neither skilled enough nor knowledgeable enough for that. Grant reckons he can fit us in fairly soon🤞🤞🤞

View attachment 71396
What happened tony I've got protectors on

Call Jonathan at Perth motorhomes on 07702488944. Supplied and fitted my wifi for £425, did a great job.
Trouble is it’s the part itself that is very expensive if you want a genuine Hymer part (which is what I prefer). I have used Knowepark before and been very pleased with them. The Knowepark labour charge of £72 an hour pales into insignificance with the labour my EV workshop charges!

What happened tony I've got protectors on
No idea Gordon. We overnighted at Burn o’Vat last night and the headlight was fine when we left this morning. Only drove 20 miles or so home today with very little traffic but this is what I noticed when we got home. Either it just went of its own accord (some folk blame the heat of the driving lamps) or, more likely it got hit by a stone thrown up by something going the other way, although I didn’t notice anything. At this price I reckon protectors are pretty important - where did you get yours from?
Tony

Hymer are known to use parts from other vehicle manufacturers like Volvo for wiper motors and arms etc, it's not economical to have some things made in smallish numbers, they also use a lot of Hella parts so if you haven't already gone down that path I'd look at the other lamp and get the details off it and see if Mr Google can help, get one for the other side.

Tony this is the ones I got but wasn't impressed with the shape so I immersed them in hot water and put a decent bow in them as they were popping one fixer and solved issue

IMG_3680.png

Tony this is the ones I got but wasn't impressed with the shape so I immersed them in hot water and put a decent bow in them as they were popping one fixer and solved issue
Thanks, Gordon. Once I’ve saved up enough money and had the lamp glass replaced I think I’ll invest in a pair. Certainly cheaper than the best part of £1800 if another one shatters.

Did one of our members not make his own and was offering to help anyone who had the same headlight problem think he was down near dove or was it Brighton not seen him for a while.

Did one of our members not make his own and was offering to help anyone who had the same headlight problem think he was down near dove or was it Brighton not seen him for a while.
Gwaygway in Dover wully but he won't make any more I tried to get him to but to no luck
Was talking with him last Stratford meeting I think he had a big op and was getting himself fit and was looking well

Interesting comparison. I got a quote from a well known Hymer dealer “darn sarf” for the same job (replacing smashed headlamp glass). Not only did the Englandshire quote state that the cost of the part would be the same in GBP as it is in Euro, plus vat but they also wanted 3 hours labour at £133 plus vat. The Knowepark quote converted the same Euro figure (which included vat) into GBP at a decent exchange rate but they also quoted 1 hour labour at £72, including vat. So in all a difference of some £1000!!!
Incidentally I had an interesting phone chat with Grant (once I had got used to his accent despite the fact I have lived in Scotland for over 50 years!) about the additional administration and delays in importing parts from Germany as a result of Brexit. Needless to say Brexit has done Knowepark (or any other importers) no favours.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back