Learning to play the Ukulele

I bought a uke from the bring-and-buy table at the last New Year Meet and started to teach myself from Youtube etc. I loved it so much that I bought a slightly better one a few months later. Trouble is, then I went on our European trip for 7 weeks and haven't picked it up since... I'd built up some lovely fingertip callouses too. I feel inspired to start again now (y)

Reactions: 2cv
I know there are lots of good tutorial sites out there but if anyone's interested, I've found Ten Thumbs Productions really good for getting into playing songs. There's lots of stuff for beginners amongst the more tricky ones.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiyLyfe9rdbB3YzUtkHodzXNoOby0veZR

Maybe others could post if they've found some good tutorials too?

I love banjos I always wanted to learn to play one I did own one but sold it about 2 years ago now I wish I still had it.

I have injuries to my finger tips from a work incident years ago, I don't think I could play one now, left hand is the worserer one.

I have injuries to my finger tips from a work incident years ago, I don't think I could play one now, left hand is the worserer one.
Could you get it strung other way round PB

Perhaps but it'd be an even bigger learning curve then.

Forgive me, but that sounded really awful, not enough strings to make that particular tune sound right.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back