Votes: 5 35.7%
  • The Battle of Evermore

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Going to California

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MJVW

Just been listening to some Led Zep and had to do a pole, sorry if yours is not listed in the pole but you could just post it to the thread.

It has to be Stairway to Heaven, but since Rolf has soiled it, I think I would go for the Immigrants Song and then Black Dog.

Why don't we have intro's any more ?

Last edited:
Thank you for me off Led Zep Two, just makes me think how much i love my better half:love: had a wild weekend at knebworth 1979 hitchhiked down fresh face boy of 16 years big adventure and had great weekend parent was not happy i didn't tell him that i was going.:oops:

Toss up between Thank You and Stairway to heaven. Thank You won by a whisker.

Every track on Led Zeppelin II is a winner.
They were my very first and revelatory introduction to rock music, no other rock band has ever come close, imho :)

Looks like a it's a tie at the moment stairway and thank you! just released missed dazed and confused of the list ?

Bath Festival of Music 1970...me and my mate hitched down from Preston, camped in a communal tee-pee with a load of girls, got to the front of the stage and mixed with a gang of Hells Angels, and were mesmerised by Led Zep...the best live band I've ever seen! What a week-end.

Allen

Led Zep, just about the best heavy'ish rock band I've ever heard.

As for my favourite track(s) well, I love the immigrant song, Kashmir, Tea for one, most hi (the live version from TGI Friday), you shook me baby, when the levee breaks, black dog, stairway etc.,

I think I like Kashmir the best because of the way the song unfolds, the DADGAD tuning, The drums in 4/4 while the guitar is in 5/8 so it cycles round!

Phill

Last edited by a moderator:
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You and How Many More Times.

Saw Zep as a 15 year old at the Free Trade Hall in 1969, supported by Blodwyn Pig [brilliant], Liverpool Scene [why?] then Zep came on and my life was changed forever. Sex, drugs and rock and roll were the order of the day from then on. I only got two of them on a regular basis though ;)!

Saw them again at the Free Trade in 1971 but can't remember if it was with Stone The Crows, Clouds or the Keef Hartley Band?

Twice more after Bonhams death but the spark had disappeared, they were just merely excellent rather than magical.

Too many favourites to pick just one, but the most played at the moment is Ramble On.
Didn’t realise till a few years ago that it referenced The Hobbit!

I voted Thank You cos I actually played & sang it at the Druridge meet a few years ago (1st & last time - when we were in the car park cos of yet another deluge) - but given free choice I think it would be Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You or maybe In My Time of Dying (cos its abs mental!)

Was there a best Led Zep? Not a fan of heavy rock. But could listen to John Peel. Odd that.

I have an album that they made in the mid/late 90's called DUO. It has a few brilliant tracks on it like "The Window", "Shining in the light" & "Most High".
There are 2 versions of most high, track num 4 which was recorded live at TGI Fridays on the 27/3/98, is in my opinion way better than the one on track 7.

When they recorded LED ZEP 4 (symbols) they took the best studio at Island studios just before Jethro Tull, so Tull were left with a smaller studio to record their album Aqualung, Ian Anderson was not best pleased at this & he thought that it introduced a sullen note to their album that cost them some loss in sales revenue.
Or so he said on an interview at the end of Aqualung.

Zeppelin only used Island studios for a few songs doing most of the recording at Headley Grange in Hampshire.

Phill
Ps., this may need some verification!

If the sun refused to shine
I would still be loving you
When mountains crumble to the sea
There will still be you and me!

Timeless dedicated to the better half....

:love:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back