Leisure battery Replacement

Vanterrier

I have my suspicions that my leisure battery is goosed and am heading out for a couple of weeks or so next Tuesday. I will be travelling through Dumfries and Galloway, up through Ayr and west of Glasgow. I reckon I will know if the battery is good or bad in the first day or two so if I need to change, I could do with some local knowledge of where to get a good deal.
The existing battery is a 160 AH Gel battery with bolt on connectors. Don't know the make as it is buried under a cupboard floor at the minute. Only room for one battery I am afraid...
All advice appreciated.

Cheers in advance

K ;)

Hmmm... Looking around net I can see that alpha appear to be the best bet so picking one up in Ayrshire seems a long shot.
I can also see a huge difference in physical size on line so I guess I will need to haul mine out to check size, make etc etc so I might as well bench test it while it is out. I was hoping to not need to do that.
They are not cheap beasts either so I definitely don't want to be making any mistakes.
K ;)

It's 345Lx168Wx289H so it looks like a Leoch LAGM160 will be the direct replacement from Alpha at £239.99 :oops:.
Might have to eat some cold baked beans on our next trip away then... No nights out for a while anyway.

At least I should be able to fit and forget instead of fitting and fretting as things are now.

K :(

Aw Man! Ma heed is frazzled now!

I'm already suffering from data input overload but kind of settled on a nice safe choice of replacing like for like AGM technology and then you do that!

K :unsure:o_O:eek::cry::(

It is interesting reading though...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back