Lidl App abroad

Only got Waitrose and Lidl in our village - where would you go?
In your village: Lidl for what they do well, Waitrose for everything else. Preference, however, might be to travel a reasonable distance to Morrisons.

Reply as expected from Lidl.

1705926900125.png

Google translate! If you are familiar with the English app it’s pretty much the same! Their offers here seem to run from Monday to Sunday, which is much more sensible than the brocken up week that we have in uk!

I complained back to them after the email I got this morning saying it seemed a bit shortsighted that they have customers loyal enough to still use them even in a foreign country but they were not prepared to support them.

I just got this email, sometime they just don't understand what people might like I suppose.

1705937133812.png

I complained back to them after the email I got this morning saying it seemed a bit shortsighted that they have customers loyal enough to still use them even in a foreign country but they were not prepared to support them.

I just got this email, sometime they just don't understand what people might like I suppose.

View attachment 71221
I believe that they have a fair few customers in this foreign country, and the app is in English! ;)

Whilst on the subject of shops, this came up the other day. A basket of 42 essencials and the prices in different shops. PXL_20240119_100645507.jpg

But it never tells you which brands they are for in each shop so a bit meaning less.

After all these years of continental travelling I have now figured out how to convert the Lidl App into a foreign one! Probably teaching my ‘grandmother’ to suck eggs but as I am not very tec savvy thought it might benefit at least one other person by enabling them to take advantage of the Lidl offers.
Go into app, at the bottom of the screen select ‘more’ then ‘settings’ then ’county and language’ choose the one you are in, accept the Ts & Cs - job done. Now you can take advantage of the Lidl Plus prices, get coupons and discounts, and do the scratch card thing as well as getting bonuses for levels of spend just like in UK
Thanks for that, after standing at the checkout in a Spanish Lidl yesterday shaking my phone and getting nowhere, I now know why.

Did this in Portugal, worked a treat! Problem surfaced when I tried to change back: the Portuguese version doesn't have Country and Language option in the bottom menu! I guess I have to uninstall it, and install the UK version when we get home?

Did this in Portugal, worked a treat! Problem surfaced when I tried to change back: the Portuguese version doesn't have Country and Language option in the bottom menu! I guess I have to uninstall it, and install the UK version when we get home?

I’m sure it does, I had the same issue when changing back from the Spanish version. I googled 'how do I ...' and found the right 'buton' to press. it's in the same place but doesn't say country/language

Tap on <Mais>, tap on <Definições> (with the gear wheel icon), tap on <País e idioma>, tap on <País> and then scroll to select <Great Britain>, save by tapping on GUARDAR ALTERAÇÕES> at the bottom of the screen then click on <OK>. Job done!

Tap on <Mais>, tap on <Definições> (with the gear wheel icon), tap on <País e idioma>, tap on <País> and then scroll to select <Great Britain>, save by tapping on GUARDAR ALTERAÇÕES> at the bottom of the screen then click on <OK>. Job done!
Brilliant! Thanks a lot for that.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back