LiFePO4 Battery 100Ah 12.8V 1280Wh Price Dropped

seriously thinking of covering my roof in Panels the whole front roof faces perfect south. I could fit them myself no bother as we take them off and re fit when doing some new roofs it’s the final connection to the meter I couldn’t do. I would love to go down th route of fitting a big battery bank keep us updated on how you plan yours. Think I could get about 30 40 panels up there.View attachment 64214
With you roof space I would pull the plug on the grid. What you need to do is look at you electricity bills for a year. Your average consumption will give you an idea of what you will require. A big lithium store is what you will require. If you could go a week just on batteries, you shouldn't be to far away from pulling the plug. The big down side if you do is the big generator for that month of rain :( Remember it's not just the cost of the electricity, the dammed standing charge adds up too. Another option with the big battery bank is to charge it with one of those electric car deals. Not sure about the details though of how you scam it.

This why I've been trying to keep Murky of the mains.
The Betty build can supply our works with a couple of KWh's on a good day, but it doesn't have enough solar to harvest much.

What I as thinking of doing was getting a deal on as many panels and all the fittings as I can budget for fit them first leaving the tails disconnected and at a later stage throw a few quid at the connection and battery side. So fit the panels now and add the rest in a few months.

What I as thinking of doing was getting a deal on as many panels and all the fittings as I can budget for fit them first leaving the tails disconnected and at a later stage throw a few quid at the connection and battery side. So fit the panels now and add the rest in a few months.
Wully, article in Saturday's Guardian saying that everyone wants Solar Panels and the major importers have closed their Enquiries Lists to new customers because Chinese Supply Chain problems mean that it could be 10 months or longer before new stocks arrive in UK. And as for 'get 3 quotes', the installers say they're run off their feet and haven't the time to waste giving estimates when they have customers clamouring for installation dates ...

I'm just gonnae bugger off to Spain with my 180w Panel on Brunhilde and my Lithium Battery (plus a David of Wildebus Inverter installation ...) and ride out the storm. The UK energy price savings will cover the extra diesel, ferry fares etc, and it should be warmer temperatures and smaller area to heat with cheaper gas 👍

Steve

That’s one downside to EV ownership, the vehicles are going to get increasingly stolen to feed an ever growing battery black market.

It’s truly amazing how many Nissan and Tesla batteries have been appearing for sale over the past few years, many are bound to be from dubious sources.

You can do it yourself I think Wully unless you want to tie in to the grid. Check it out but I think you are okay erecting panels, building/fitting your own battery store and inverter and either disconnect from the grid or run separate circuits. Obviously easier on a new project than existing house. You could probably supply neighbours with that much south facing roof space 😂😂😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back