Lochore aire locals object?

The laird

Rally Organiser

Can I ask folks to go to Facebook beneath matters and read the comments posted as they are painting a black picture regarding motorhomers
here is pics of the site/comments if we could nicely rep,y and put our point over
my last visit on the sat night I spent £50 odd quid on takeaways and drink from local shops ,they think we come loaded and not spend etc ,please help the Lochore cause and reply
many thanks as this will be seen by councillors etc

661EE0A4-464B-4247-8A27-F2135E269821.png9DCC91AA-3525-4A3E-9BA8-D03F5AA3EEFF.pngD333BBBE-17C0-49CE-8E25-BE128D9E4A9B.png

The park manager has been getting a unfair piece of criticism imho from locals p,ease p,ease reply on the Facebook page and point our point over here's two pics of comments regarding him

FB907A76-E347-48BA-B63A-3F45958BC079.png68E6C0A9-14CA-4E46-A83C-9BADE3DC2212.png

Here's my proposed response -- any comments?

Tom Kinnaird You paint a very false picture that just doesn't stand up to scrutiny. While many new motorhomes cost over £50,000, the vast majority cost their owners much (often very much) less. Also many motorhomers have self-built conversions that, although are to a high standard, are not welcome at many campsites. Besides which, formal campsites (aka tin-tent ghettos) are not conducive to a relaxing experience for many motorhomers. Many of those campsites charge for facilities a typical motorhomer just doesn't need and the £25 you cite is often the minimum. Some campsites now charge more per night than some Premier Inns! Often, the choice is between spending on accommodation or spending on our enjoyment. So, while I might have tea, coffee and some food in my motorhome, I'll typically take at least half of my main meals at local cafés, pubs or restaurants and those victuals in the van get replenished at local shops once consumed. If I'm forced to use campsites, those businesses will not get my custom. That said, I have no objection to paying a tenner or so to use a well thought-out aire, but I'm not going to give my custom to somewhere I'm not welcomed.

Edited to add: I've posted the above, but it's marked "pending". I just hope that this isn't the sort of group where admins have an agenda and won't permit anything that goes against it.

Last edited:
Here's my proposed response -- any comments?

Tom Kinnaird You paint a very false picture that just doesn't stand up to scrutiny. While many new motorhomes cost over £50,000, the vast majority cost their owners much (often very much) less. Also many motorhomers have self-built conversions that, although are to a high standard, are not welcome at many campsites. Besides which, formal campsites (aka tin-tent ghettos) are not conducive to a relaxing experience for many motorhomers. Many of those campsites charge for facilities a typical motorhomer just doesn't need and the £25 you cite is often the minimum. Some campsites now charge more per night than some Premier Inns! Often, the choice is between spending on accommodation or spending on our enjoyment. So, while I might have tea, coffee and some food in my motorhome, I'll typically take at least half of my main meals at local cafés, pubs or restaurants and those victuals in the van get replenished at local shops once consumed. If I'm forced to use campsites, those businesses will not get my custom. That said, I have no objection to paying a tenner or so to use a well thought-out aire, but I'm not going to give my custom to somewhere I'm not welcomed.

Edited to add: I've posted the above, but it's marked "pending". I just hope that this isn't the sort of group where admins have an agenda and won't permit anything that goes against it.
Can you add this post onto his Facebook blog pleas

Can you add this post onto his Facebook blog pleas
I'm not sure where you want me to post this. I couldn't find a separate blog for Tom Kinnaird and his home page doesn't show anything about Lochore to me. However, he is an admin for the Benarty Matters group.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back