Looking for a bar to secure a bike to the cycle carrier

The laird

Rally Organiser

Mines have went walkies desperate if anyone has any that secures the frame to the cycle carrier goung to hereford if any members are attending and would bring said items/items mines can carry 4cycles but not expecting 4
Anything like these

IMG_3927.pngIMG_3926.png

Gordon,
If you get no joy contact roofbox.co.uk. They sell Yakima cycle racks, they may be able to sort you the part you need.

Mines have went walkies desperate if anyone has any that secures the frame to the cycle carrier goung to hereford if any members are attending and would bring said items/items mines can carry 4cycles but not expecting 4
Anything like these

View attachment 74006View attachment 74007
Gordon,
The 'false crossbar' item only works on a car bike rack, where the bike 'drops through' the loop until the handlebar stem and saddle post stop the bike from dropping further. We have a Fiamma 1 [the very short bar of the type shown in the 2nd photo] and 3 x the Pro 3 Bars for our pair of folding ebikes [odd shapes on the rack when partly folded]. We can secure each bike by handlebar and saddle stem/down tube and/or the fat 45 degree main frame down tube, and they don't move. Also renewed the wheelstraps which had started to go brittle and were showing signs of cracking. I also purchased 2 x spare knurled tightening knobs [top of the Pro 3 Bar] after the original knob snapped in Spain and I had to bodge a temporary repair with ironmongers sundry bolts and washers etc, which made the loading/unloading fraught and time consuming ... Overall, spent about £120 but peace of mind and back up spares for the next foul up!

Steve

Do they do bikes in pubs now :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

the buggers get in everywhere these days.

Gordon,
The 'false crossbar' item only works on a car bike rack, where the bike 'drops through' the loop until the handlebar stem and saddle post stop the bike from dropping further. We have a Fiamma 1 [the very short bar of the type shown in the 2nd photo] and 3 x the Pro 3 Bars for our pair of folding ebikes [odd shapes on the rack when partly folded]. We can secure each bike by handlebar and saddle stem/down tube and/or the fat 45 degree main frame down tube, and they don't move. Also renewed the wheelstraps which had started to go brittle and were showing signs of cracking. I also purchased 2 x spare knurled tightening knobs [top of the Pro 3 Bar] after the original knob snapped in Spain and I had to bodge a temporary repair with ironmongers sundry bolts and washers etc, which made the loading/unloading fraught and time consuming ... Overall, spent about £120 but peace of mind and back up spares for the next foul up!

Steve
Edit: I have one very short Fiamma size 1, one Size 2 Pro, and 2 x Pro 3 bars

Steve

Back