Looking for a Stopover

Fdhadi

Free Member

Looking for a Stopover

Heading from Calais ferry port to Germany next week. Going to go A25 towards Lille and after an hr or so from Calais I’ll be looking to overnight at an Aire.

Can an anyone recommend an overnight stop on this route please? It will be about 9pm when I’m looking to stop. I don’t mind if it’s before or after Lille but not much further.

Regards
Frank

Bergues is good as mentioned, or a little further along there is a nice little aire at Esquelbecq just to the west of Wormhout.

Not far past Lille is the free aire at Tournai town centre or a little bit further there is one at Peruwelz marina.

Can give you coords if req'd, but they are on most of the aire search websites.

Pete

I agree Bergues

interesting town walls to walk around And if you want to go further then walk or cycle north of town towards Fort Vallieries or beyond

always others there (french belgiums etc) when we have used it but there is LOADS of room

Attachments

• DD3C4386-C35B-4245-8C92-BFB29E49DC4A.jpeg
    DD3C4386-C35B-4245-8C92-BFB29E49DC4A.jpeg
    954.7 KB · Views: 2
Thank you, I will use one of the above and report back on my return.

Have a Great Christmas & New Year
Eat Drink & be Merry

I regularly stop on German/Belgium motorway services (the big manned ones with fuel stations) and stop close to the fuel station or services entrance, never had an issue. I normally only stop around 10pm and the car park is usually nearly empty so I can stop very close to the entrance.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back