Losing power

Mrs0

Free Member

We have a 2006 kontiki swift the last couple of outings we have had problems with our electric power all is ok then the lights dim the heating stops after a while the light come bright again and we can put the heating back on ( we run the heating on combined gas & electric) we have also noticed the leisure battery is not holding its charge as well THANKYOU

We have a 2006 kontiki swift the last couple of outings we have had problems with our electric power all is ok then the lights dim the heating stops after a while the light come bright again and we can put the heating back on ( we run the heating on combined gas & electric) we have also noticed the leisure battery is not holding its charge as well THANKYOU
Truma heating system? The Truma will throw an error code that relates to a low current and advises shutting down the 12v system to save the battery. We had that repeatedly when we had a Lithium Leisure Battery installed and the latter would go to sleep, and unable to respond quickly enough to provide a tiny amount of leccy for the fridge to ignite. Lost all 12v settings on SatNav and Heating every night until we were able to generate more demand on the Leisure Battery to stop it going to sleep, so as Terry says, sounds like your Leisure Battery is on its last legs

Steve

Replace with lead carbon, they dont fall asleep, or snore im told. 😂
Alpine Lithium Batteries have the BMS removed; and, as I said in my post, the KS Energy Lithium no longer has the problem becuase I have put the Leisure Battery under a more constant load. I'll stick with the Lithium Battery.

Steve

We have replaced the battery and will be trying it out tomorrow so hopefully the problem will be resolved 🤞THANKYOU
Welcome to Motorhomer.

We're a friendly bunch and hope that you stay and keep asking questions.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back