Lpg gas

The laird

Rally Organiser

Was at the frog meet ,Thursday to Monday noon ,heating on almost all the time ,kettle used ,fridge on ,
Filled up at Morrison’s mon pm £6*04 =10*31 litres
Pretty good value imho?
How do you find yours ?

Same here we go away for a weekend and use about the same.
I normally leave the heating on low and turn it up when we are in the van and cold, I think that this doesn't use as much gas as turning it on and off. I haven't got any figures to prove this but all I know is the van is a pleasant place to be and I don't see the point in being cold.
Installing the LPG is one of the best things we have done.

I let my gas run out at Moffat wanted too see how much to fill two 13kg bottles from empty but made the mistake of filling at Abington motorway services cost £30 that’s still cheaper than calor by a mile now I can turn one off think that’s my best way of judging what I’m using but with me it’s everything too the extreme gas heating and hot water left on fridge up full think I’ll need too learn I’m not in the house.

I let my gas run out at Moffat wanted too see how much to fill two 13kg bottles from empty but made the mistake of filling at Abington motorway services cost £30 that’s still cheaper than calor by a mile now I can turn one off think that’s my best way of judging what I’m using but with me it’s everything too the extreme gas heating and hot water left on fridge up full think I’ll need too learn I’m not in the house.
You have all of them little Luxury's so use them .no point in having an expensive heating system and then being cold, draught gas is cheap as chips .

Going refillable lpg is the best thing I’ve done to my van. I keep logs and it’s paid for it’s cost in savings over Calor. I love being warm in the van and also use it for the fridge when parked up. The other great advantage is that my gas locker is very tight, and especially changing the rear bottle was quite a performance, much easier just topping up at a pump. I normally refill at my local ASDA after a trip, just over 50p a litre generally. Can’t comment on Moffat as I was on electric and used almost no gas.

Having LPG tanks is so much easier than lugging bottles around. After the Frog meet I filled up at Shell, Abington at 73.9 a litre. Its not worth going out of the way to save even 20p a litre. Calor is a con.

We have two 6 kg calor bottles in our new swift 590...

And having used the fire/fridge/water heating over the last couple of weekends..
I'm reckoning on swapping one of the bottles for a refillable safefill type (keep the other Calor bottle for flexibility)
And fitting another eberspacher d2 as we have in the transit Jumbo....

Heating via eberspacher diesel is just so cheap and low consumption in real life terms its a no brainer IMHO...

I like to refill if possible at my local Calor agent, they’re the cheapest around at just 51p a litre. Elsewhere the price tends to be 63/64/65p. When I’m away I’m not too fussed I just want gas.

I'm a bit envious of all you guys our van takes two 11Kg bottles, last a long time but expensive. We are looking to replace our van in the coming year and looking at all the options but I know I will look for a fitted gas tank or have one fitted when we do change.

I'm a bit envious of all you guys our van takes two 11Kg bottles, last a long time but expensive. We are looking to replace our van in the coming year and looking at all the options but I know I will look for a fitted gas tank or have one fitted when we do change.
It’s defo the way to go ,cost wise esp

I have a tank were the spare wheel used to be I put gas in it two years ago and I have still not emptied it yet. That is with using all year, cooking, heating, fridge and hot water. I still have a gaspoint in the locker so that I can sling a canister in there if I get stuck.

Bernie

I have just bought a van with an under slung gasit tank. I was advised that the gas needs to be turned off when travelling ( as I would have done with my previous 2 bottle calor setup) but there is no isolator valve inside the van until the gas is past the regulator and then there is a manifold. The only valve I can see ( I think?) is a black knob on the side of the tank, but that would mean crawling underneath the van each time to switch it on/off!
What is the sensible thing to do? Is there an extending linkage kit available somewhere or what?
K :-?

I was thinking of fitting a diesel heater, mainly because Roseann is ectotherm, in common with most of her gender and a below optimum temperature wife can become unstable or even dangerous. However, since having the Gaslow on board running heating has ceased to be a problem. They never put you wise to that one in the old ''Birds and Bees'' chat did they?

Cheers

H

I have just bought a van with an under slung gasit tank. I was advised that the gas needs to be turned off when travelling ( as I would have done with my previous 2 bottle calor setup) but there is no isolator valve inside the van until the gas is past the regulator and then there is a manifold. The only valve I can see ( I think?) is a black knob on the side of the tank, but that would mean crawling underneath the van each time to switch it on/off!
What is the sensible thing to do? Is there an extending linkage kit available somewhere or what?
K :-?
Who advised you to turn it off when travelling? It properly installed, the regulator should be one that cuts off in the event of an accident or major leak. We leave the heating and hot water on when driving, so the gas needs to be on.

The tank was installed when the van was converted. The regulator is in a cupboard below the kitchen sink. The cupboard has a vent/drain hole but is otherwise open to the habitation area. My previous van had the regulator next to the calor bottles in an exterior cupboard isolated from the interior.
I cannot see why a van builder would intend anyone to crawl under the van each time, so leaving the system primed sounds more likely, but how do I answer Chunnel inspectors when the ask if my gas is turned off...?

K.

Having LPG tanks is so much easier than lugging bottles around. After the Frog meet I filled up at Shell, Abington at 73.9 a litre. Its not worth going out of the way to save even 20p a litre. Calor is a con.
Did they not sell lpg at the petrol station at the entrance to the Co-Op in Moffat? Thought I saw a price of low 60's on the board.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back