Lpg I've saved money

The savings from refillable bottles or a tank are not just down to the cost of the gas.

From an autogas pump, it costs between 90p and £1.80 per KG. That's a very wide variation in price for the same thing!

With a refillable, you can shop around and top up whenever you pass a cheap supply*.

You can't do that with exchange cylinders: you have to wait till you have an empty bottle to swap, or you have to give away the gas that was left.

Unless you wait for a bottle to completely run out before changing it, you always do lose the bit that was left.

Never mind the cost, it is so much easier to top up than to run out and swap.

*Of course, with a bigger tank, you have more scope for doing that. Our tank holds 28KG of LPG. Don't think I'd really want a smaller one for some trips.
My tank is 20KG and I find that ok my problem is finding a garage that sells it!!

Finding somewhere that sells lpg is our problem as well. We use filllpg app and found it really useful.but have found it worthwhile phoning ahead as lpg is not always available.
I've never ever phoned ahead. Never had a problem, though sometimes I've had to buy at a higher price than I'd prefer.

My lpg gauge has four green leds when full. They go down one at a time, then a red one comes on instead.

After the red led comes on, in winter, we have enough for about four or five days before it runs out. In summer, rather longer.

We had a Gas-it 11kg single bottle fitted in February, did our first complete fill and had 10 nights away before lockdown. Filled up on our first break since lockdown and it cost £10.00. With the initial fill and top up I reckon a £27 saving has been made over Calor prices.

We live in northern Scotland so prices are high, 74p - 79p per ltr. Even so I'm pleased with the saving.

I also carry a spare Calor 13kg bottle as suppliers are few and far between up here.

also try the app mylpg that the one I use
The play store seems to have my LPG from LPG SYSTEMS which has terrible reviews and myLPG.eu from matvoz which seems rather good.

Last time I thought I tried it, it was rubbish. Perhaps I tried the other one with a similar name.

Thanks for prompting me to try it 'again'.

Filled my new 13 kg last week for the 1st time at a local garage £15.60..tourers on our site say 13 kg valor from £28 to £36.but most of all I can fill up anywhere in Europe and beyond..I can't swop a valor bottle outside of UK.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back