LPG tank being fitted tomorrow!

Beatrix

So...having booked the ferry for our winter trip to Spain, the first since 18/19 and in this Moho, I've been busy listing things to do, update, find, buy etc for ourselves and the van...I remembered a thread on refillable bottles and LPG tanks and the recommendation by many of you to use Autogas in Thirsk....rang to ask about what they'd got and express a very vain hope that they might be able to fit something before we go in 2 weeks' time....
Totally lucked out with a cancellation tomorrow, so drove 7hrs down after having to get the vehicle battery replaced and here I am, hooked up in their car park ready for an 830 start!!
Any hints or tips on tank size or accessories that I might not know to ask about?

So...having booked the ferry for our winter trip to Spain, the first since 18/19 and in this Moho, I've been busy listing things to do, update, find, buy etc for ourselves and the van...I remembered a thread on refillable bottles and LPG tanks and the recommendation by many of you to use Autogas in Thirsk....rang to ask about what they'd got and express a very vain hope that they might be able to fit something before we go in 2 weeks' time....
Totally lucked out with a cancellation tomorrow, so drove 7hrs down after having to get the vehicle battery replaced and here I am, hooked up in their car park ready for an 830 start!!
Any hints or tips on tank size or accessories that I might not know to ask about?
Get the biggest you can. As it gets more difficult to find where we live in England, it's, the need to fill when available as opposed to when needed.

Get the biggest you can. As it gets more difficult to find where we live in England, it's, the need to fill when available as opposed to when needed.
I'm actually getting 2 11kg bottles as my handbrake cable goes where he would have fitted the tank and I'll still have a good amount of gas. Cheaper and quicker to fit too!

I'm actually getting 2 11kg bottles as my handbrake cable goes where he would have fitted the tank and I'll still have a good amount of gas. Cheaper and quicker to fit too!
Good move, we have had a single 11kg for nearly 4 years, recently added a 2nd 11kg.

Agree with the above. We have 2x11kg Gaslow and just run one down at a time. There is also a hose available, which I can't find the info for just now, so you can connect a stand alone Repsol or whatever if you do run out whilst away.

Cheers

H

Agree with the above. We have 2x11kg Gaslow and just run one down at a time. There is also a hose available, which I can't find the info for just now, so you can connect a stand alone Repsol or whatever if you do run out whilst away.

Cheers

H
We have the hose too, Autogas 2000 supplied, allows bottles to be connected to the LPG fill point on the van, about £35 I think.

Tell John I am still waiting for a date for him to do mine, he will know what you mean lol. Bet Charlie was showing you his new 4x4 van as well :)

Go for the largest tank that will fit. Have a think about where you can have the filler fitted, don’t forget a set of adaptors for Europe.

Go for the largest tank that will fit. Have a think about where you can have the filler fitted, don’t forget a set of adaptors for Europe.
He’s having 2 x cylinders fitted due to handbrake cable being in the way preventing them fitting a tank.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back