Making a clean sweep.

Sonar

I have tried several types of battery vacuum cleaners some have been ok but take up a lot of room.
Others the battery time was not enough.
And one in fact lasted just a week before it stopped working.

The prices varied from approx £ 400. And lower .

So some 6 months ago we bought a very cheap 12 volt hoover plugs into a 12 volt socket.
We expected it to stop working or not do the job .
But surprise surprise just over 6/ months later used every other day when away it’s turned out to be a great buy for us with the two dogs.

We bought this from Argos.

Black + Decker 12V Auto Flexi Car Vacuum

The Black and Decker Flexi Car Autovac has been designed to help you reach those awkward areas of the car that are so hard to clean. The 4ft flexi hose and extendable crevice tool lets you reach tight gaps and the cyclonic action spins debris away from the filter to maintain suction.
5m cable for versatile use.
Provides 500ml capacity.
Features an easy clean filter.
Operates via 12V in-car socket.
Accessories included.
Crevice tool, upholstery brush and intricate nozzle included.
Manufacturer's 2 year guarantee.

£ 52.

Is ok for a caravan a small PVC as well As a Moho. does not take up much room for storage and is lighter than all the others .

IMG_0348.jpegIMG_0349.jpeg

I bought a used Dyson V6 off Ebay two years ago and it has been brilliant it gets used every day and charged about every 10 days.

I have a Dyson in the van, don't use it that much as I don't have carpets and seats are leather so usually brush and mop. It works well enough though. Cant remember if its a V5 or another model

I have tried several types of battery vacuum cleaners some have been ok but take up a lot of room.
Others the battery time was not enough.
And one in fact lasted just a week before it stopped working.

The prices varied from approx £ 400. And lower .

So some 6 months ago we bought a very cheap 12 volt hoover plugs into a 12 volt socket.
We expected it to stop working or not do the job .
But surprise surprise just over 6/ months later used every other day when away it’s turned out to be a great buy for us with the two dogs.

We bought this from Argos.

Black + Decker 12V Auto Flexi Car Vacuum

The Black and Decker Flexi Car Autovac has been designed to help you reach those awkward areas of the car that are so hard to clean. The 4ft flexi hose and extendable crevice tool lets you reach tight gaps and the cyclonic action spins debris away from the filter to maintain suction.
5m cable for versatile use.
Provides 500ml capacity.
Features an easy clean filter.
Operates via 12V in-car socket.
Accessories included.
Crevice tool, upholstery brush and intricate nozzle included.
Manufacturer's 2 year guarantee.

£ 52.

Is ok for a caravan a small PVC as well As a Moho. does not take up much room for storage and is lighter than all the others .

View attachment 73304View attachment 73305
looks funky :) does it take much room up?

I bought this Bosch one - https://amzn.to/3XsDdRH - wasn't that cheap at £44 without a battery but I liked that it uses the same battery as the other Bosch "Easy 12V" tools like drill and jigsaw that I often carry in the Motorhome, and also I could adapt the charger to plug into either 240V AC or 12V DC.

We have a Beldray one and it does such a good job we bought one for the house too. Importantly the batteries last for yonks. r did have 2 Black and Decker ones but the batteries died on both quite quickly and they didn't do replacements.

We have a Beldray one and it does such a good job we bought one for the house too. Importantly the batteries last for yonks. r did have 2 Black and Decker ones but the batteries died on both quite quickly and they didn't do replacements.
Open them up and taged batteries can be bought on ebay, just solder the replacements in.

Hi, which model vac is that.
Thanks

We looked at all sorts of cleaner models and prices but storage was our biggest issue.

Missus had some generic 12V thing in the car so tried that out in the Coach and it was worse than shocking, put it back in the car. In retrospect I should have put it in the bin or saved it for parts.
Now we are out and about in said coach and it looks like I have forgotten to put any sort of vacuum or even a brush on board !! Probably going to have to buy a cheap one of these:
1718770736524.png

Missus had some generic 12V thing in the car so tried that out in the Coach and it was worse than shocking, put it back in the car. In retrospect I should have put it in the bin or saved it for parts.
Now we are out and about in said coach and it looks like I have forgotten to put any sort of vacuum or even a brush on board !! Probably going to have to buy a cheap one of these:
View attachment 73332
Yes we have one of these as well just as a back up.
So far it’s still a back up.

Ours are the BEL0737. Can't fault them and we've had them a few years now. I suspect that it may have been superseded by a newer model now.
Almost a Dyson copy, I have the long tube but don't take it in the van.

We keep a hand held 12v Pifco vacuum in our caravan. It is more than 50 years old. Still works and does what we need. Can't understand people vacuuming everyday. Once a month is surely good enough.Rest of time a brush and pan does the job. (Actually we only there about once a month for 3 or 4 days at a time.lol) The caravan is kept quite clean. Don't want to attract vermin and insects..

Reactions: RAW
Back