Mending the freezer door

Lee

Rally Organiser

We've been having problems with the freezer for in our fridge for sometime.
It finally jammed open last time we were away.
So I bit the bullet and ordered the new hinges, ouch £48.53 for these.
20190816_124220.jpg
The good news is that they fixed the door and maybe Linda can have ice cream.

I guess it's the low volume that does for the prices - at least they are available.
I'm afraid I refused to pay similar money for an additional wire rack so used a £3 cooling rack and a couple of lengths of dowelling!

You're right about the availability, one retailer said that they were discontinued but obviously someone had some.
It also appears that anything to do with 3 way fridges has a premium price.
I did consider trying to find a dometic or Waeco 12v to replace it and then realised £49 wasn't that much.

Caratech have them for £32.04 with free delivery, I don't think that is for a pair though

I have this type
6401L.jpg

£19.995 plus £2.50 P&P, if you built a fridge from new spares it would be cheaper to buy a new motorhome :D

Lucky for me I bought two at £11 a few years ago and mistakenly ordered twice so finished up with four, I am now down to just one:(

Reactions: Lee
I replaced mine on the b544 same ones as yours lee sure they were around £35 pair but that was about three back

Reactions: Lee
The caratech listing is for a pair - superficially they do look the same.
I have bought most of my Dometic spares from Caratech, an advantage for me as well is I can pick up from them if it is urgent although their delivery is quick

The caratech listing is for a pair - superficially they do look the same.

They do look the same but they are actually handed.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back