Mercedes Ci Cipro (2004)

Motorhomer

Free Member

Hi everyone

this is my first post so as you can imagine am new to this, please be gentle 😀

yesterday I went to a dealer and left with leaving a deposit on a 2004 Mercedes CI Cipro Motorhome.

now I was reassured by the dealer that this could be driven on B license despite the fact m e pointing out it was showing revenue weight of 3800Kg on the DVLA website (check vehicle history)

the dealer said this is due to the previous owner changing the weight due to adding towbar and extra weight at the back. I only checked the plate under the bonnet near the engine- this also stated 3500Kg so I was happy to leave a deposit as he said it could be reverted back to 3500Kg.

with little experience I left and when I got home I started doing some more research of which I found a bit confusing, as some Motorhome in some advert is shown as a 3800Kg and some at 3500Kg ( there’s currently another advert on Motorhome depot, same age & exact same Van/Layout stating IT CAN BE DRIVEN ON NORMAL LICENSE (B)).

now I’ve asked the Dealer to send me photos of all the weight plates on the van & also current V5C.

anyone had this Motorhome ?
Any thoughts & advise will be greatly appreciated 😀

If it states 3800Kg on DVLA that's what it is. There will be a plate (maybe stick-on) somewhere - mine was in the passenger footwell. SVTEC is a common upgrade organisation. Also there should be an upgrade certificate in the paperwork.
If it is 3800, then you need a C1 licence.
The dealer is not being honest with you about the licence. (And what else?)
To downgrade the van back to 3500Kg is simply a paper excercise. (However, you will lose 300Kg of payload.
It would be a good idea to get the dealer to take the van to a weighbridge and have total weight, front axle and rear axle weights measured.
That way you know what payload would be available. (Remember that payload includes you, your passengers, diesel and water ....could be approaching 400Kg!)
Personally I would go back to the dealer and ask for my deposit back - he gave you wrong and misleading information.
Good luck
Jeremy

A simple way to find out about it's weight is to ask to see the Registration document the weight will be on there.
Also the tax will be £325 for less than 3.5 tonne and £178 for over 3.5 tonne.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back