Mercedes Hymer B680 electric step refurb

Nosmo king

Hi Peeps, not sure if this is in the correct category, but here goes. Our motorhome is second hand, we’ve had it about 3 years now. Ever since we’ve had it the electric step has been sloppy and bent. When we were last in Germany during a stay at my friends place we looked at the workings of the step and decided that it required some replacement plastic”top hat” bushes/washers and plastic dome nut covers, well I’ve eventually found a source, all ordered and received, yet to be fitted, but would appear to be perfect. Just waiting now for the weather to improve to replace and refurb the step. A couple of the struts/brackets need straightening out but I figure by removing them one at a time that should not be a problem, I’ll take some piccies when I carry out the work and post them up, but it wont be until the weather gets better.

https://bpfonline.co.uk/search.asp?catid=11066

If you go to their home page they do all sort of nuts/bolts/washers and loads more
I do hope that I’m not breaking any site rules, just thought it would helpful to anyone needing these sort of parts

I’ll try and post some photos of the new spare parts tomorrow, but I won’t be carrying out the work for at least a couple of months, too cold ?

here are some sales site piccies, I haven't been out to the moho this morning, probably latertop-hat-bush-tbb_950_general.jpgnutcover_1566_detail.jpgm-05010-composite-web-thumb.jpg

Thanks for the link, I bent my step when I drove in to a fuel station in France, it was so bad it wouldn't retract so I had to kick it back in, when I returned home I stripped it down and straightened the parts easily enough but I didn't replace any bushes even though they were worn, now I can order some

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back