Meter readings for tomorrow - UK only

GMJ

Just a reminder to folks to submit their gas and electric meter readings tomorrow so that the energy companies don't estimate your usage and hence possibly charge you for more than you have used after the price increases on the 1st October.

BUT whatever you do, don't accidentally over egg the figure and hence get more units charged at a lower rate as that would be fraud.
whistle.gif

my meters are read quarterly last year while we were away in portugal we got an estimated bill ! it was for a quarter of our usual annual amount + a little more £160 more than i thought it should be after i had erupted i stopped and thought about it ukraine invasion had been a month before and already we were getting dire warnings of price increases , with prices doubling & more over the last year it’s already saved me £400

My tariff is fixed for 12 months so the price will not change until next March by which time I expect to have set up another fixed tariff.

I am on a fixed till 2023 with Octopus just had an email saying payment from Oct to Dec reduced by £64 then Dec to March £67 Government change.

Reactions: GMJ
Direct Debits? Fixed Tarriffs? What are they? Just paid for my fuel this morning ... touch under £600.
Got a feeling there will be some panic upswing in the price of oil from this weekend following Putins "annexation" speech so ordered the oil for the Winter today (let's hope won't need any more until next year - last fill was February just before the "Special Military Operation").

I'm on a fixed tariff until August but am only paying £45 DD. Will I still get the £60 odd refunds which will put me in credit???
Am also awaiting details for us oil burners
K ;)

Last edited:
If you pay by DD you will get it refunded each month to your account after your DD has gone out, if you pay less than £67 a month on DD you will get the difference between what you pay and the £67 credited to your energy account each month for 6 months ,from OCTOBER 22 then ????who knows, take your meter readings today 30th SEPT and submit them to your energy supplier so you are charged the correct amount from the 1st OCTOBER, E Mail from SSE told me this and also you have till 14th OCTOBER 22 to submit the readings to keep your account on course , all in the E Mail I received from them , If you have a Smart Meter your readings are automatic they say, I do not have or want a Smart Meter .

Only 2 lecy people here, im with sse and we send in a meter reading on the net, every 3 mths the N Ireland electric board send a chap round to inspect the meter readings, what a job getting the croc jumpers of when the d bell rings.

nearly got caught once luckily was fast enough (while he was doing his scripted preamble ) to say were in the middle of a domestic mate come back in half an hour shut the door & swapped the meters lol

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back