Mice or?

MarkJ

Free Member

Mice or?

I went to the barn where I keep the van last night to start it up, charge the batteries etc, which I tend to do every 2 to 3 weeks.

It started ok, then an engine warning light came on : fuel injection problem. Bad news....

My Fiat place said to bring it in if it was drivable (just an amber light) but it seemed to be in limp-home mode, so they said to call Fiat Assist (still under warranty).

The RAC man came, plugged in his OBD laptop and found it was actually a turbo problem. After some rummaging he found that a soft rubber or maybe plastic cap over some kind of pressure sensor had a bit missing and was no longer airtight. He lashed up something and hey presto fault light out, runs like a train again.

Was it a mouse eating it? Or did it just perish? Or what? Very odd..... it’s right at the top of the engine and surely there were better things to eat nearer the ground....

Check your coolant hoses for any signs of teeth or gnawing as they love anti freeze.check along your scuttle panel below the windscreen ,down behind air box and battery and a really good check of the area.in my opinion it’s a mouse ,now it could be a descendent of a fellow members family who took it hostage from around Loch Ness a few weeks back but this could just be here say ,I’m no squealing on the wee moose that was let loose and was running a oot loose
good luck mate

I'll wager you'll hate mieces to pieces if you discover they are responsible. Seriously though, although not an expert, I do know that there is a sort of pressure relief valve fitted to most diesel turbo bodies and that it appears to conform loosely to your description of its location and type of component. Had a similar thing happen with a 3litre turbo diesel Vectra and it didn't cost much to have it repaired by the dealer-around £30 from memory. A mouse chewing off a piece of rubber/plastic isn't going to cripple your moho. Check it out with the mechanics in the garage before you go to reception and you may save yourself a bill. I did!

Looks like phils deceased mouse family are on the prowl, if he isn't spilling water hes on a mouse hunting tour, thank God he's away back home!!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back