Microwaves

Just refitted the Microwave yesterday. It will only be used on hookup but I think that is how we will be using the van this Winter .... that's if we can get away due to various consequences. :(

Have you considered a small pressure cooker , not as quick as an mw but still quicker than a normal pan.
One of the first things I got for the van. Beef casserole? 20 minutes, start to finish. Mine is tiny ( that’s what she said). Only big enough for a couple of servings. Now I can eat one, freeze one. Much better than the old system. Eat one. Look longingly, eat the other one. Chicken casserole? Ditto 😬

A slow cooker is very handy, especially for anyone who tends to tour around a fair bit.
Prep the dinner in the morning after Breakfast (only one session of washing up that way), then all in the slow cooker working away as you drive to the next destination, with the alternator (via split-charge) providing all the power needed to run it, then when arrived in the evening, your dinner is ready to eat - and if you use a slow cooker liner and paper plates, no washing up required at all except for a couple of forks :) (and maybe a couple of glasses if too civilised to drink out the bottle/can).

Yes baked spuds.
A bit damp in both mwave or pressure cooker. But p cooker would be my choice. Finish spuds off in oven 10 mins or frying pan..cut in half ! A Dutch oven works as well !

We always use tinned veg in the slow cooker as being tinned it's already at least partly cooked...

So all the slow cooker has to do is warm it up

A slow cooker is very handy, especially for anyone who tends to tour around a fair bit.
Prep the dinner in the morning after Breakfast (only one session of washing up that way), then all in the slow cooker working away as you drive to the next destination, with the alternator (via split-charge) providing all the power needed to run it, then when arrived in the evening, your dinner is ready to eat
Vacuum cooker similar, but no power all day. Prepare in the morning, bring to boil on the gas ring, pop it in the vacuum cooker and leave all day, may need a bit of a reheat for dinner but often not. Ours can do two days meals for two people. We start each trip with a vacuum cooker dinner, prepared and heated at home.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back