Mini gas soldering iron +

Be interested to hear how it goes. I have a Iroda SolderPro which worked well but is getting a bit worn out and a bit pricey to replace.

I have big hopes of quality when it has a 3 year guarantee, and even 6 months for wear and tear.
To be honest I intended to put my soldering gun in the moho but it's buried somewhere amongst our other stored stuff, so much easier to just buy this! Though having done so realize many further uses.

Be interested to hear how it goes. I have a Iroda SolderPro which worked well but is getting a bit worn out and a bit pricey to replace.
I also have the same bought from Maplins, an excellent bit of kit but I bought one from Aldi years ago, it isn't as good but there is nothing wrong with it, I keep the Iroda in the van and the Aldi one in the car, for non-professional use the Aldi one is fine

I seem to have 4 gas powered soldering irons now. I bought a new one a couple of years ago because I couldn’t find the others, then just after the new one was delivered, I found the originals.
Two of them, I aquired in the late ‘80,s and both still work perfectly.
I’ve seen the Aldi ones, but can’t really justify a fifth.....

I bought one of these about 6 years ago, from the same supplier, for soldering jewellery and craft work. Been very impressed.

I know this is an old thread, but new info. I bought a 12v soldering iron last Summer for the princely sum of £5.95 from Knights of Lincoln. Only tested it to see that it does warm up in 30 seconds, but for that money, if it gets me out of a hole once, I'm ahead of the game... Might also give the Lithium Battery a bit of exercise as well ...

Steve

Thats the complain thats not yet been reconised its called locally
Middle Aisle Syndrom

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back