MOT Extension

wildebus

My MOT is due middle of next month and I get a warning saying "Your MOT Expires Soon" and the date has not altered.

Wondering if anyone has seen the 6 month MOT Extension appear when they check on-line so their due date is now 6 months further away?

No, mine is due middle of May too, no warning received but gov website still says it will expire next month.

I read somewhere else that they only extend the date a short while before the original expiry date.

Yes, seems to be the case. One of mine was due this month and now shows October, others due in June are so far unchanged,

Cheers. I was curious about this as my van is >3.5t and a PHGV. But as it has the Class 4 MOT, am expecting the same 6 month extension as any 'normal' Class 4 MOT vehicle.

I believe it doesnt extend until just before the expiry date, a few days, this is due to you being able to get an MOT a month before the expiry date and keep the original anniversary date.
I've only just moved mine 6 months to get it in the summer so definitely do not want a 6 month extension!

I believe it doesnt extend until just before the expiry date, a few days, this is due to you being able to get an MOT a month before the expiry date and keep the original anniversary date.
I've only just moved mine 6 months to get it in the summer so definitely do not want a 6 month extension!
Good info,
My MOT is due mid-May, so an extension to mid-Nov would actually suit me quite well I think so I don't have to worry about getting a MOT sorted just before the summer season.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back