Mot testing

The laird

Rally Organiser

If your mot is due march 30 you are getting 6 months holiday period and garages will still be open and you have to keep it maintained
just on tv the now

I wish they had done this 24 hours earlier :confused:

I think this depends on where you live and if the garages round you are closing or not, I'm still getting my MOT done on 7th April here in Montrose

I think this depends on where you live and if the garages round you are closing or not, I'm still getting my MOT done on 7th April here in Montrose
Mines is going in sat geardie both the camper and the vw as when this is all over aug will be murder to get a mot I think
hope you are welol geordie

May be worth considering using the 6 month available extension to minimise virus spread. Taking a vehicle for an MOT exposes the garage workers merely by your presence, plus any virus on the vehicle. It also exposes the owner and therefore those they live with in the same way by contamination whilst the test is done. It also involves a non essential journey.
Seems low risk in the scheme of things, but at present it is very easy to cost a life. Better to leave it I’d say till it can be done without risk.

I am just taking the 6 month extension.

I think people are not picking up on the fact that this is a 12 month program, so those cars that would usually need MOTS in say August this year will not need their MOTs now until February 2021, so you won't be competing for bookings with those. There won't be a peak in 6 months to have to deal with (this is WHY it is a 12 month program to avoid the peaks and troughs for both the vehicle owners and the MOT stations).

Its good they've moved it but I have just moved my mot to August last year due to being in Spain in Febuary, so whats happened now its moved back to Febuary. Hopefully come July/August it will be fine to get it done as I dont want it back in Febuary again

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back