Motorhome cabin fever

Lorraine

Rally Organiser

What do you all do when you travel at winter for any length if time when the weather is raining and you can't get out
There is only so much dog walking you can do (that's if you dog/s will go out In the rain)

I go away as often in winter as any other time of year, more or less home a week then away for a few days or longer if I travel to Scotland. Why sit at home staring at the same 4 walls when I can have a different scenic view everyday.
Do the same when away as at home, dog walks, reading, internet, dining out, exploring the local area I’m staying at and being an avid sports fan tv. A bonus is no housework to do apart from a quick Hoover with my Dyson lol.
Mind you plenty of housework waiting for me when I go home as son doesn’t know what it is to do housework.

I-pad scrabble, reading, watching programmes recoded on tv, viewing internet in general and here and WC in particular. Generally love being out in the motorhome in the Winter as it’s nice and cosy and the sort of places we like to stay are very quiet. For a bit of winter sun and heat we leave the van and fly.

I don’t mind the gentle putter patter of rain but it’s deafening and pounding the roof and the sides of the van it’s no fun at all.
We do try and save a few rainy day jobs to keep us busy or a long lunch in the pub also helps.

I don’t mind the gentle putter patter of rain but it’s deafening and pounding the roof and the sides of the van it’s no fun at all.
We do try and save a few rainy day jobs to keep us busy or a long lunch in the pub also helps.

That's where the old monocoque auto sleepers come into their own. The rain stottin' off the roof isn't quite as loud as in thin-skinned vans and certainly doesn't stop me getting to sleep.

Besides, I love being in the van tucked up all warm and cosy listening to the sound of the rain :)

We talk to each other a lot, read, play Boggle, cards, dominoes, or drive on to somewhere else. If we’re really desperate, we will watch tv or a DVD.
Whats boggle, I do prefer the TV to radio, Jeff's more for the radio so I watch DVD on laptop or surf the web

If we still have a view I'll look at that for a while, we read, play card, maybe have a game od Sorry or Jenga (if it's not windy) I do like a nap though in the afternoon, neither of us drinks anymore, but we do like a nice cup of tea/coffee, we may go for a walk if it's not too bad.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back