Motorhome insurance

Dahlia duo

Free Member

Hi All
Well it’s that time of year for us. Just had a reminder email to say it’s due, so gave them a call this morning but could not quote me until next week “ER”
The insurance runs out when we’re away, so need to get it done before next Thursday. Could you let me know where you get your from please. Mark

I'm insured through Comfort, Aviva's main broker for mohos.
250,000 miles per year (you read that correctly), EU cover and breakdown cover.
I really can't fault them .
BTW, it seems odd that you can't get a quote from your insurer so close to renewal. Could they be 'taking you to the line'?

Colin ???

AIB through Wildcamping/ Motorhomer membership get 15% discount when mentioned.
Great cover. Great price.
Cheers. David

Been with Adrian Flux for years, never had a problem with them.

I am happy with NFU but some of their offices are not really interested in motorhome insurance. I dealt with their Brockenhurst office 01590 624744 and found Christian Brown very helpful. Saved me a fair bit of money. They don't do first year loss leader discounts to con you and then stuff it up in subsequent years but it does mean they may not appear the cheapest quote up front.

Comfort for me. Been with them 5 years now.

Graham
smile.gif

Of course the key question is .... who has has a claim with their insurer and how did it go?
All most of us can go by is what the price was and how nice the person on the phone was when they took our money :) No one really wants to find out how good (or bad) their company is, do they!

I'm with AIB currently and all looks good - but never claimed
Previously with A-Plan for a few years and before that Brentacre for a year - both companies doing special self-build camper policies. But again, never claimed.
I have sadly heard quite a few negative things about Adrian Flux regarding hassles on payout values and that has put me off them personally.
My policy is up for renewal in next fortnight and I am going to try and find an AGREED VALUE policy so should the unfortunate happen, I don't need to argue about the payout amount. It would make life a lot easier!

The last time I made a claim, it was on Policies from AXA and ALA. AXA paid out within 2 weeks of submitting the claim for both the vehicle (my car) and tools (taken from my workshop). I asked them to up their offer to a specific minimum amount required by ALA, which they did so within 2 hours.
GAP policy with ALA then paid up the difference between AXA money and what I bought the car for within a week or so.
So AXA and ALA ... both recommended from actual results.
Partner had a payout from Coop Insurance a few years ago. Car written off shortly after some repairs identified as Advisories were carried out. The Coop actually agreed to pay out more than she paid for the car to cover these repairs as they added value to the now written-off car. Very pleased with their attiture so again, Coop recommended from experience.

I had a Co Op policy on my first motorhome. On the first renewal I phoned them, renewed it and received the documents. However I noticed 2 months later that no money had left my account. When I phoned them they had it down as not renewed and not covered. They couldn't explain how their system had sent out the documents, would not backdate it and started afresh. Clearly clueless but I decided to renew in case there were any consequences from the uninsured period, for which I still had documents. Next time renewal came around I went elsewhere and I have no intention of ever using them again.
I have no experience of NFU claims but reading elsewhere they have a good reputation in this respect. Perhaps being a Mutual makes them a little more keen to provide a good customer experience, once a year I get to vote for the board members.

I had a Co Op policy on my first motorhome. On the first renewal I phoned them, renewed it and received the documents. However I noticed 2 months later that no money had left my account. When I phoned them they had it down as not renewed and not covered. They couldn't explain how their system had sent out the documents, would not backdate it and started afresh. Clearly clueless but I decided to renew in case there were any consequences from the uninsured period, for which I still had documents. Next time renewal came around I went elsewhere and I have no intention of ever using them again.
I have no experience of NFU claims but reading elsewhere they have a good reputation in this respect. Perhaps being a Mutual makes them a little more keen to provide a good customer experience, once a year I get to vote for the board members.
The Coop is essentially a Mutual as well ......

Perhaps but thanks to mismanagement by the Co Op the bank is now 70% owned by an American hedge fund leaving the Co Op a minor share holder. Not sure whether the insurance business went the same way or whether it is still owned by the mutual but it is still not going back on my list.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back