Motorhome insurance

Were with AIB very competitive and helpful staff. was with together previously but they got expensive after a few years

I accepted a quote from AIB. LV cost about £250 instead of £450 from the Camping and Carravanning Club! The van is covered for £30000. We had two claims of around £2000 each in 2017. We hope not to have any more claims for a few years!!

With ABI, I can renew from abroad over the phone.
Very helpful when someone went into the side of my van just before Christmas when I was in Holland.

when you say you are with AIB, they are only a broker, you will be insured/underwritten by another company. It is always wise to know who that is? As it is they who will be actually insuring you. AIB are merely introducing you to the insurers. I had a really low quote from AIB, but when I looked into the underwriter they had quoted with, they had a very poor reputation, HQ was in Gibralter, and business performance was rated poor. In the end I moved from Safeguard, who wanted 37% more on renewal, to NFU. Not had to claim so far, so no experience of their service, but reputation is good.

Aside from Comfort, does anyone know of any insurers that provide free recovery with their policy for large MH's ?

Our Comanche is 8.77m long and 5t fully loaded.

Thanks

Graham
smile.gif

Aib for me been there for years and never had any hassle and had great service as well

Hi everyone. I've been insured with Barry Grainger for the last two years, but this year they have said that they wont insure me again because my camper is my only vehicle. I do less than 4,000 miles a year so it is clear that I don't use the van for commuting or anything other than camping trips. Has anyone else had a similar experience or could anyone recommend a good insurer happy to insure if it is sole vehicle?

Hi everyone. I've been insured with Barry Grainger for the last two years, but this year they have said that they wont insure me again because my camper is my only vehicle. I do less than 4,000 miles a year so it is clear that I don't use the van for commuting or anything other than camping trips. Has anyone else had a similar experience or could anyone recommend a good insurer happy to insure if it is sole vehicle?
Maybe you don't do commuting, but I insured my Camper with AIB last year including Commuting use, so I would think (but you would have to check) that AIB would not have issues with a Camper used for general driving duties and not just camping excursions.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back