Motorhome Sales

Don’t be put off. I think it will be like last year with some places very busy, but there will still be lots of places away from the crowds.
Apart from the places in the WC POI, and the official Campsites, there are lots of other possibilities.

I have mostly used the Brit Stop book and found that good to find places to stop over (TBH I am not that keen on layby overnighting, but that's my own thing and I know most are fine with them).

Don’t be put off. I think it will be like last year with some places very busy, but there will still be lots of places away from the crowds.
And crowds dont have much imagination so they will all head for the same hotspots they saw on countryfile etc so they can get away from it all... together:rolleyes:
K ;)

Following record sales I hope that the influx of new motorhomers wont result in a backlash of further height restrictions on car parks and more "no overnight parking" signage etc. Last summer did see many more people take to camping in general. There was definitely an increase in litter, damaged trees, firepits and even abandoned camping gear.
There are more restrictions in UK than in mainland Europe as it is.Wwe should try to encourage fellow motorhomers (new and old) to respect the communities and environment that we enjoy visiting.
I fear that some people (probably a minority) may spoil our freedoms by bad behaviour. I think if we witness it we should try to engage and encourage better behaviours.

Following record sales I hope that the influx of new motorhomers wont result in a backlash of further height restrictions on car parks and more "no overnight parking" signage etc. Last summer did see many more people take to camping in general. There was definitely an increase in litter, damaged trees, firepits and even abandoned camping gear.
There are more restrictions in UK than in mainland Europe as it is.Wwe should try to encourage fellow motorhomers (new and old) to respect the communities and environment that we enjoy visiting.
I fear that some people (probably a minority) may spoil our freedoms by bad behaviour. I think if we witness it we should try to engage and encourage better behaviours.

The CampRA campaign has been battling on all those negative fronts since it was first set up last year and is having some success across the UK. As with all things in life, how good the response has been very much depends on the local/regional councils and how willing they are to listen and embrace new ideas.

The CampRA campaign has been battling on all those negative fronts since it was first set up last year and is having some success across the UK. As with all things in life, how good the response has been very much depends on the local/regional councils and how willing they are to listen and embrace new ideas.
Marie. Even in your area the councils are starting to move a bit in our direction. When the NE group of CAMpRA started last year they were just coming up against brick walls. Its all down to positive letters and emails being sent to councils and businesses. We are not demanding we are suggesting ideas of places which could be good parkups, where we are banned at present.

There has been a massive increase in folks converting vans for a couple of years before Covid so there have been many more parking up anyway. So long as you have a road legal van you can always park somewhere for a nights kip 👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back