Motorhome training

arkiboys

Free Member

Hello,
I just started looking into motorhoming...
Is there a club/training classes for one to attend to become familiar with motorhomes?, i.e. usage, maintenance, planning, etc.?
Thank you

Both of the big 'clubs' do run handling courses but I know nothing of them having started motorhoming whilst regularly driving large vehicles at work. Have look at Camping an Caravanning Club and Caravan and Motorhome Club web sites.

Cheers

H

I can recommend a person that does motorhome manoeuvring if that’s what you’re after?

Last edited:
Ooer !!!

Hello,
I just started looking into motorhoming...
Is there a club/training classes for one to attend to become familiar with motorhomes?, i.e. usage, maintenance, planning, etc.?
Thank you
I wish there were. My motor homes previous owner has become my unofficial Guru, I am so grateful as it’s the little things that you need to know

Having driven all kinds of stuff for yonks I forget to some a MoHo is a large vehicle, but the actual dimensions are not so much bigger than a large car to put it in perspective, it going backwards where most struggle, as car drivers tend not to use there mirrors as much as a commercial driver would, reversing cameras are a serious help when parking as a lot of vans do not have back windows and those that do are so far away they're of no real use, I rely on mine a lot.

Having driven all kinds of stuff for yonks I forget to some a MoHo is a large vehicle, but the actual dimensions are not so much bigger than a large car to put it in perspective, it going backwards where most struggle, as car drivers tend not to use there mirrors as much as a commercial driver would, reversing cameras are a serious help when parking as a lot of vans do not have back windows and those that do are so far away they're of no real use, I rely on mine a lot.
I find the biggest problem is the tail swing. Years driving a car doesn’t prepare you for it

When I bought our van I downloaded absolutely every manual relating to it and stored them on my pc, and carry them with me wherever I go. That includes both the user manual and maintenance manuals.

In my case, that includes a possible temporary bodge for which I carry a roll bag of essential tools, bulbs, fuses, gorilla tape, cable ties, etc., etc., and am prepared to get out and get under.

I read that if you have a problem at a Motorhomer Rally, the members immediately gather around to get you going. So by joining this forum, you're already off to a flying start. :)

I find the biggest problem is the tail swing. Years driving a car doesn’t prepare you for it
Yes, you do have to be aware of it for sure.

As an ex truck driver of many years, I don't have a problem driving my 7.7m 5.6t bus conversion, but I still like my new reversing camera very much!...🐻👍😉

It is nice to hear someone enquiring about driving larger vehicles. All to often people just think it is a good idea to hire a mh without thinking what experience they have had driving something bigger than the family car.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back