Motorhome Windows

Burge

Don't know if this has been asked before but here goes, having just been down Dorset for a week & following Sat Nav directions we have been down some VERY NARROW lanes (shan't take any notice of it nxt time) as a result we have accrued a few scratches on the side Windows of our Van , can someone please recommend a Polish or fine cutting Paste that would remove them & bring the Windows back to newish, thanks for any help,

Chris.

Thoroughly wet the cloth and wring it out first, it doesn't absorb so much then, I also spray the window with water and I use T-Cut

Will that not scratch the windows? ?
the point using lint is it cleans without scratching as you don't want your nice silver tray scratched do you . years ago with one of our caravans we did the worst thing you can do covered the van up we tarpaulin sheet & one of the tiedown ropes was rubbing against the window & removed it this way so you pays your money & takes your choice . cheyenne P.S don't cover your m/h up in winter GO to Spain instead

Something to keep in mind .... the entire process of polishing out scratches (be it plastic or paint) results in thinning the material you are polishing. It may be to a microscopic level but do it too aggressively or frequently and you run the risk of compromising what you are trying to look better (some scratches can be too deep to polish)

They do get scratched, but polish them and they get scratched again unless you never go down country lanes.

well my father would always say LOOK after it & it will look after you so if it looks dodgy to go down or on with the m/h DONT GO .cheyenne

If I adopted that rule I'd be going on my own, the best places are down the narrow lanes, no scaredy cats down there, it's a thing, it's going to get a scratch or two so we don't fuss about it, a lot of the roads we go down (I use roads loosely) you can't see the tarmac in your mirrors, fun if/when you meet someone, that's when you find out if your reversing skills are any good.

Don't blame the sat nav. If you have asked it to take you somewhere, it will do just that. And if the best route is down a narrow road and there is no credible alternative, that is where it will take you. It is up to the driver to decide if the road is suitable.

As for your scratches, be very careful how hard you rub with any cutting compound. If you have deep scratches, you can crack the weakend part in the scratch and cause more issues. Gently does it. And we used T-Cut

Liquid Brasso and a cotton cloth does the job brilliantly.
Shine your buttons with Brasso
It's only three halfpence a tin
You can buy it or nick it from Woolworths
But I don't think they got any in!

Takes me back to doing the cutlery on a Sunday, then washing them up. All for a measly tuppence pocket money! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back