Motorhomer Courier Service ... Help wanted

Pauljenny

Motorhomer Courier Service ... Help wanted

• [h=2]Motorhomer.com Courier Service.. SOS. Altrincham TO Algarve[/h]
    Jenny needs some Diabetic tablets, that we can't get over here. My son is not happy posting a shoe box sized parcel out to us, because he understands that it's illegal and we're not confident that the postal service would get them through to our village.

We could fly back to Manchester.. But that's drastic and there's talk of Ryanair pilots going on strike.

If anybody is travelling down,in the next couple of months, we could arrange to meet you, wine and dine you, cover any additional expenses.
    Were not far from the Spanish border, so a trip across is no problem for us.
    We can't guarantee the weather, but we can guarantee our warmest appreciation.​

Would it not be possible to buy them in France, prescription medicines seem easier to obtain there, just a thought.

We get medication posted regularly to both France and Spain. Never had any difficulty about quantities, but if you're in doubt send them in a few smaller batches. We've been doing it for ten years without problems.

Thanks , Saxonborg.

As we're. In Portugal,escaping the winter, it would probably be less hassle to fly back to Manchester.
When we checked in France, on the way down, they weren't available there, either.

Things do change, I've been given some suggestions to follow up .
Luckily we've still got enough to last til February.

Last edited:
Erneboy;n11636 said:
We get medication posted regularly to both France and Spain. Never had any difficulty about quantities, but if you're in doubt send them in a few smaller batches. We've been doing it for ten years without problems.

Thanks Emeboy.

That would be the simple answer.
We used to get stuff sent by our pharmacy when we spent the winters on one campsite.
Then the pharmacy said there'd been new rules.
We now have a holiday home, out in the sticks. The postman comes on a scooter, and only on Thursdays.. Parcels are dodgy.

My son is part of the education establishment, bless him, and is scared stiff of doing anything " inappropriate "
We don't want to ask them to do anything that makes them uncomfortable.

If, by chance, someone was coming this way ,in a motorhome, from the N. West, that would be so easy.

We might get lucky?

Erneboy;n11646 said:
There's no restriction or prohibition on sending prescription medicines for personal use by post. Though they can only be sent for scientific purposes by Doctors and scientists. Check here: https://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/uk-what-can-i-send

Thanks,again, ERNEBOY.

Looking at the restrictions , I can understand why my timid son has reservations on posting. We also hear of packaged
Being opened, here, and the contents destroyed.

hi paul we’re coming down sometime mid/late january got plenty of metformin if that is what you need ? when are you scheduled to run out ?

Did you think to take a copy of your prescription with you?

Are the tablets in the original package with the chemists label and directions ?

I would have thought it was possible with that information to get a private prescription from a doctor, do you have your EU medical card with you

after all they will have diabetics in Spain and Portugal

I wonder what what the new rules state ?

i know we can no longer phone our surgery for a repeat prescription, something to do with the data protection act???

however the chemist can having confirmed it with us on the phone

aldra

Linda;n11626 said:
We are coming your way but not until beginning of February.

Thanks, lovely Linda,
Are you likely to be in the North West, before setting off south?

We'd love to see you both, even if you arrive empty handed.

rugbyken;n11658 said:
hi paul we’re coming
down sometime mid/late january got plenty of metformin if that is what you need ? when are
scheduled to run out ?

Thanks for the offer Ken.

Simple metformin is dead easy,here,It's because they changed her to this prolonged release stuff that's not available here, that's the problem.

If you're around this end of the Algarve, , drop in for a drink..

Send them recorded delivery or the equivalent, though we've never bothered. If you're out in the sticks send them to a bar or somewhere you know or to via you know in a town. You could go to a campsite for few days and have them sent there. We use bars or restaurants because post people will always know where they are. I've had all kinds of stuff delivered all over like that, including tracks for a digger and a gearbox, and never lost anything.

Aldra;n11659 said:
Did you think to take a copy of your prescription with you?

Are the tablets in the original package with the chemists label and directions ?

I would have thought it was possible with that information to get a private prescription from a doctor, do you have your EU medical card with you

after all they will have diabetics in Spain and Portugal

I wonder what what the new rules state ?

i know we can no longer phone our surgery for a repeat prescription, something to do with the data protection act???

however the chemist can having confirmed it with us on the phone

aldra

Thanks, Aldra.
The problem is that these new tablets aren't licensed for the doctors to prescribe, in Spain or Portugal Thanks for your concern.

If your son wont send them cant you get someone else to? As Alan (Erneboy) says, he's been doing it for years. Its not like your smuggling cocaine or something. What about Spain. Can you not get what you want there?

Pauljenny;n11661 said:
Thanks, lovely Linda,
Are you likely to be in the North West, before setting off south?

We'd love to see you both, even if you arrive empty handed.

We aren't planning on going further north than Henley in Arden New Years Meet. Whereabouts is your son? We could possibly operate the Van Express Service. Alternatively son could post the prescription to us and we can get it filled here.

this is the one i use paul the old one bloated me they put me on this about 6 years ago

Attachments

• photo1041.jpg
    photo1041.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
hi all

i looked into it a while ago and form what i found out

as long as the prescription and labels are made out to the person it is sent to there should not be any problem as long as it is a normal holiday amount as in 2-3 months

frends here in armacao de pera do it every year

i would suggest a friend just sending it out in a couple of packages with a copy of the prescription in it

the only reason i say a couple of packages is if 1 went missing you would still have some

barry

Yes Barry. I've been doing it for years, sometimes even with expensive things. It's perfectly legal to send prescribed medicines and postal services in the rest of Europe are as safe as they are in the UK. That may not be 100% but registering your package will get it a close to it as possible.

barryd;n11681 said:
If your son wont send them cant you get someone else to? As Alan (Erneboy) says, he's been doing it for years. Its not like your smuggling cocaine or something. What about Spain. Can you not get what you want there?

Thanks, Barry.

Spain and Gib didn't have them last year, can find nothing online about any change, since.

Were working on it. Asking different questions ,this time.

:Red_Wine_Emoji:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back