Motorhomer Pony Express.. UK to East Algarve.

And you must have thought that we were a pair of pessimistic old naggers, when we kept on repeating the mantra.. " Slow down, don't rush, get used to being retired... "
It turns out that you've had a wonderful start, a great holiday and overcome some little dental difficulties, with such aplomb.

And you're right about us being old and naggy.

The forecast is for winter to start here, at the weekend.
Enjoy this week and set off North fully fit, confident and fully qualified long term European Layabouts.
See you when you get back.

Last edited:
Old is only a mental attitude Paul, and naggy is just a sign of caring.
Won’t promise anything, but I think it might be nice to pop in and have a coffee with you, before the long trek North, if you are going to be about.

Stay where you are Roger. When you start moving northward all your joints will stiffen up and you won't be able to stop shivering. Not to mention the UK is going into chaos at the moment. Not looking good at all.
I reckon you could stop until the end of March to comply with Brexit 90 day rule.
Maybe the Hollingworth crowd should all come to you !!!!!!

Stay where you are Roger. When you start moving northward all your joints will stiffen up and you won't be able to stop shivering. Not to mention the UK is going into chaos at the moment. Not looking good at all.
I reckon you could stop until the end of March to comply with Brexit 90 day rule.
What a great idea Steve, love it to bits! How about it everyone?

I'm not down for the Hollingworth, yet. Never say never. But I'm more than willing to come down to you. I know rain is needed, but you can have too much of a good thing:cautious:

Old is only a mental attitude Paul, and naggy is just a sign of caring.
Won’t promise anything, but I think it might be nice to pop in and have a coffee with you, before the long trek North, if you are going to be about.
We'll make sure we can do that, Rog. If wet, we'll have to visit the bakery.

View attachment 57160Really think we should be moving on quite soon.
This sort of afternoon treat is surely against the law!
How can we turn it down if we are still here.
Oh you poor souls, did you really have to eat that foreign gunk, Sue and I send our sympathies and truly hope that the campsites weekly vet doesn't charge you too much for the pump out and enema

Good to see them looking so fit and happy, as they called into our village.
Thanks for a charming lunch, at the local stylish joint.
Safe , interesting travels... ( But not TOO interesting ), we hope.
Send us a pic of Jerez de Los Caballeros, if you ever get there.

Good to see them looking so fit and happy, as they called into our village.
Thanks for a charming lunch, at the local stylish joint.
Safe , interesting travels... ( But not TOO interesting ), we hope.
Send us a pic of Jerez de Los Caballeros, if you ever get there.
Good to see you two as well Paul, we are settling down for the night at Minas de San Domingo, a beautiful site by the side of a lake. Three weeks of poodling about, we should find everything interesting! 👍

Reactions: S-S
You will, Rog.
A quick swim in the lake near the bar tomorrow, will set you both up for the day.. and Max ?
The storm hasn't arrived yet and might pass to the west of you.
Enjoy your pootling..

Some great history there Roger. Its a long walk from where you are by the lake but if you drive past the defunct motorhome service point on the main road to 37.6696829, -7.4964171, you should be able to find a space if you don’t go all the way to the end. Most of the interesting stuff including the acid lake is pretty compact.
FYI The road going north from minos via Sao Bento is a nightmare to travel on, 30 miles of severe vibrations, don’t want to loosen Chris’s new bits.
Enjoy and stay safe

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back