NC500 motorhome numpties strike again

I know, I couldn't believe it when I read the article!
Don't believe it without question. If you disect the article, you'll see loads of stuff that indicate the article is biased towards sensationalism and away from the truth. For example, the article states that the campervan blocked the road. However, campervans and ambulances are approximately the same width; so if the vehicles behind couldn't pass the motorhome, they also couldn't pass the ambulance. Please also see my previous post to this thread.

What we have here are locals (including those represented by unions) voicing concerns (whether or not founded) over the increased traffic attracted to the NC500 route. Until the Scottish Tourism gurus came up with the idea, this part of the country was ultra quiet and the roads were more than adequate. Now, the roads are busy enough to cause minor inconvenience -- especially to those who are not involved in tourism and thus only see a negative effect. I strongly suspect NIMBYism, rather than motorhome numpties, is at the root of this incident.

Living on one of the outer Isles in Orkney we are very regular ferry users. Generally, we just drive straight onto the ferry and straight off the ferry (typically on at the stern and off at the bow).

Occasionally we have to reverse off, the way we came. The look of panic on some peoples faces when this happens is a sight to behold! I've seen ferry crew have to perform the task for the owners before now!

Some people could'nt drive a soapy stick up a dogs arse.There ought to be a test for driving anything bigger than a Transit van.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back