New Forest (Strawberry Fields) July 14th - 19th 2022 NOW WITH DIRECT ACCESS TO THE FOREST!!

New Forest (Strawberry Fields) July 14th - 19th 2022 NOW WITH DIRECT ACCESS TO THE FOREST!!
Posted by moonshadow
Strawberry Fields
Thursday, July 14, 2022 - 11:00 AM
Until: Tuesday, July 19, 2022 - 11:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Hi both again.
This is the other meet we need to cancel .... daughter and bf landing on us in Crete, so delayed our return to UK.
So sorry.
K

Can we cancel our booking, please? We're trying to divert to France, despite DFDS efforts to remove the ability to book on Newhaven to Dieppe

'To err is only human, but to really screw eveything up, employ some French people... '

Steve

We would like to book in please if possible from 14th for 3 nights please. Thankyou bikerdave129

Hi. My partner and I are hoping to get here for the weekend and meet many of you. We are total newbies and im not sure of the protocol in booking. We will be on our way back from a 2 week hol in Dorset, Devon and surrounding areas and will try to schedule this rally into our plans.
If I need to do anything else in order to book this please give me some pointers, otherwise we hope to meet some of you there. Dave and Duen

Hi. My partner and I are hoping to get here for the weekend and meet many of you. We are total newbies and im not sure of the protocol in booking. We will be on our way back from a 2 week hol in Dorset, Devon and surrounding areas and will try to schedule this rally into our plans.
If I need to do anything else in order to book this please give me some pointers, otherwise we hope to meet some of you there. Dave and Duen
Just saying you are coming on this thread is good enough for us! It would be helpful to know your arrival day though! Are you interested in fish and chips on the Friday evening, there is a thread for this, just interested in numbers to help the fish and chip guys get an idea of how many, if you need gluten free or vegan I will need to know. We look forward to meeting you and hope you have a great holiday in Dorset and Devon. We will have just come back from the rally at Burton Bradstock, Dorset for this meet.

Just saying you are coming on this thread is good enough for us! It would be helpful to know your arrival day though! Are you interested in fish and chips on the Friday evening, there is a thread for this, just interested in numbers to help the fish and chip guys get an idea of how many, if you need gluten free or vegan I will need to know. We look forward to meeting you and hope you have a great holiday in Dorset and Devon. We will have just come back from the rally at Burton Bradstock, Dorset for this meet.
Thanks for your reply. No we won’t be wanting fish and chips as i don’t think we will arrive until Saturday. We will be leaving on Sunday so just 1 night thanks.

NEW FOREST, Hampshire JULY 14th - July 19th

NEW FOREST, Hampshire July 14th - July 19th
Posted by @moonshadow
50.786865, -1.563676
Southampton Rd, Brockenhurst, UK
Thursday, July 14 2022 - 11:00 AM
Until: Tuesday, July 19th - 11:00 AM YOU MUST LEAVE THE FIELD BY THIS TIME!!!!
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

WE NOW HAVE DIRECT ACCESS TO THE FOREST (NO ROAD) ON A DEDICATED PATH THROUGH A NEIGHBOURING PROPERTY. THIS IS ON CONDITION THAT WE DO NOT TOUCH NOR FEED THE HORSES AND DOGS ARE ON A SHORT LEAD

FISH AND CHIP VAN ON FRIDAY EVENING - SEE RALLIES INFORMATION/CHAT

The meet is in a field, water, rubbish bins and toilet emptying. Please be hygiene mindful for you and others when you use the water, elsan and bins. NO FIRES, the area is very vulnerable, GAS BARBECUES ONLY supervised and off the ground.

Dogs are allowed on site but must be kept under control at all times and are not allowed on other pitches.

The nearest pub is now The Rosie Lea tea rooms, restaurant & bar, we will try and get a discount again. The Filly Inn is 1.1 miles up the road, the vineyard (see below) a bit further, The Red Lion is .8 mile down the road and The Fleur de Lys dating back to 1096 is a bit further on at 1.6 miles.

There is a security gate which has to be locked at night, arrivals strictly 10am (11am Thurs 14th) - 6pm. It would be helpful when you book if you could indicate how many nights you plan to stay and which day you plan to arrive.

FEES £10/unit/night IN CASH ON ARRIVAL IN A SEALED ENVELOPE WITH YOUR FORUM NAME, VAN REG NO, NO OF NIGHTS AND AMOUNT ENCLOSED WRITTEN ON THE OUTSIDE. No money, no entry 😹😹😹😹😹

Please bring bags that can be tied/sealed to put your rubbish in before putting in the bin. Dog waste in a separate bin.

There is an hourly bus to Brockenhurst/Southampton and Lymington which stops at the gate. Will have timetable at the meet.

There's a huge very popular STREET MARKET IN LYMINGTON on Saturdays. http://www.lymingtonmarket.co.uk

The CAR BOOT sale on Sunday

Lymington to Yarmouth (IOW) ferry will have timetable & prices at the meet

The New Forest Tour bus - will have prices/info at the meet

IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING ON FROM DORSET MEET YOU CANNOT ARRIVE BEFORE THURSDAY 14TH

Lyndhurst can be a big bottleneck in the summer. If you are coming down on M27 take the exit for Fawley (but don't go to Fawley) and then follow the signs for Beaulieu (go extra slow there as there are often donkeys in the road) and then Brockenhurst which will take you to the A337 to Strawberry Fields. Beaulieu to Brockenhurst is quite narrow and winding, we get there ok in ours just over 7m.
Hi could you add another one 2-3 nights. Thanks

Really unsure if this post is for this section or should be in another discussion elsewhere. Apolgises if I've posted it incorrectly.

Strawberry Fields Area.
The phone signal is very hit and miss. I've used EE and its been pretty crap. I know some of yous use other phone networks and have found them okay.
Are there any networks that seem to work reasonable well on the campsite, or how do you get a decent WifI download.

Thanks

We have a Home Broadband Modum from Three. I shall be bringing it along to see if we can get a better Wi-Fi signal. Although it’s 240v, the actual modem is 12v and has in the past worked in the van all over the UK. Fingers crossed!

Really unsure if this post is for this section or should be in another discussion elsewhere. Apolgises if I've posted it incorrectly.

Strawberry Fields Area.
The phone signal is very hit and miss. I've used EE and its been pretty crap. I know some of yous use other phone networks and have found them okay.
Are there any networks that seem to work reasonable well on the campsite, or how do you get a decent WifI download.

Thanks
I was on Three last year, which was fine, but they stopped the free roaming so am now with Plusnet, cos I can roam with them, haven't tried it out at Strawberry Fields yet! They are on EE just checked the coverage and it's rubbish :(

I was on Three last year, which was fine, but they stopped the free roaming so am now with Plusnet, cos I can roam with them, haven't tried it out at Strawberry Fields yet! They are on EE just checked the coverage and it's rubbish :(
Surely, it’s only Data Roaming when abroad that has changed?

Surely, it’s only Data Roaming when abroad that has changed?
Yes, international - I thought that was what all roaming was! Interestingly if you buy a pay as you go monthly the roaming is free but not with a contract - £2 & £5 further afield

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back