New map version 10 for some Tomtom GPS units

Trek

Free Member

New map version 10 for some Tomtom GPS units

If any one has free map updates on tomtom gps devices there are new maps available for many of their models

but not yet available for the truck or camper&caravan models

That's good but last time I updated my TomTom maps it wiped all the POIs off. Think I'll leave it this time but thanks for the information.

Slider;n7932 said:
That's good but last time I updated my TomTom maps it wiped all the POIs off. Think I'll leave it this time but thanks for the information.
|New maps wipe all the POI's off because they are saved in the maps, it is very easy to reinstall them

Didn't know why the update delete it so thanks for that Terry.
​​​​​ Managed to get them back on a nice chap at the Angelesy meet did it for me.

Busy updating second of tom-toms at the moment. Did the other one last night. Slow broadband (3mb) but unlimited so OK.
This one was 5Gb download on a Start bought in Spain. Worth remembering if on a Mifi on a low allowance.
Cheers,
Alan

Slider;n7943 said:
Didn't know why the update delete it so thanks for that Terry.
​​​​​ Managed to get them back on a nice chap at the Angelesy meet did it for me.
If you ever need help with them again I can do it remotely using teamviewer

Slider;n7932 said:

That's very unusual AFAIK, I've upgraded maps everery time an update comes out for years and never lost my POI's, either ready made ones or ones I've created myself.

Malcolm

Tezza33;n7953 said:
If you ever need help with them again I can do it remotely using teamviewer

Oh! Thanks Terry that's a loverly offer and thought. Beer would be on me ?

emjaiuk;n7974 said:
That's very unusual AFAIK, I've upgraded maps everery time an update comes out for years and never lost my POI's, either ready made ones or ones I've created myself.

Malcolm

I know Malcolm I was surprised as well. I'm not very good at things like that I just normally muddle through.?

Thanks for the reminder - I haven't updated our sat navs for yonks
thumb_up.gif

In fact I just plugged the TomTom in and its says its 7 months out of date
Doh2.gif

I'll check the Garmin Camper one next....

Cheers

Graham
smile.gif

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back