New remote control for Avtex TV?

snapster

Thought I might sell the Avtex tv we had in the van last year. It’s an L168DRS. So, I set it all up to check it was all working, but the remote has stopped working. I’ve changed the batteries, taken it apart and cleaned all the button contacts, but it is dead.
So, any idea where I can get a replacement without spending £35 or more on one from Avtex? One for All and Harmony don’t do the codes for Avtex.

Speak to Avtex I know someone who had the same problem and they replaced it for free they have a great after sales service.

I heard bad reports about Avtex customer support but I suppose it’s worth a try. The TV is about 4 years old though, so I don’t expect they will do much.

This is a post that I made on wildcamping recently which might be relevant. I have also posted a link below in case you wish to read the whole thread.

“I shall have to work from memory if that is acceptable as we simply use the Avtex tv for dvd’s And internet TV, and then only occasionally. Our original van had a status Ariel and we did tune the tv. Our current van has no Ariel so we have not used it for tv for over 5 years.

The original remote control worked fine for years, but began to be problematic when buttons were pressed. When the batteries were checked I found that they had wept and corroded the contact tabs and springs. I cleaned them as best I could and inserted new batteries. The problem persisted and eventually stopped functioning entirely. I took the remote apart but could see no obvious problem on the circuit board etc. Not having the skill to do anything, I simply bought a replacement online. I could not get a genuine remote for my model and cannot recall wether a different model would function. I see that you can still obtain remotes that are sold as compatible via eBay. Mine was sold under the name ‘RM Series’

The issue that I had (now over 6 years back) if memory serves was that I could not get the new remote to tune the TV to the local channels which had to be done if you moved from one transmitter zone to the next. Most other functions power, volume, stop and start, fast forward, stop, eject etc all work satisfactorily. I dare say all functions can be controlled from the actual controls on the side of the set, but I never had success.

Recently I bought a Roku express @ £30 (on offer at £20 in Curry’s at present) which connects via an hdmi lead with a usb power lead. This allows me to watch all the main freeview channels and catchup via my iPad WiFi connection (3 mifi 24gb valid 24month one which I am sure you are aware of). I am presently experimenting with my recently acquired smartphone (Smarty 30gb £10pm rolling contract) to cast or mirror to the Avtex, although not quite cracked it yet. The Tv worked perfectly via Roku and the site WiFi at a C&CC club earlier this year.

As you can see I am not very tech savvy and only recently moved by quantum leap from the early 20th century, I hope this post goes some way towards answering your question. I dare say others might contribute more knowledgably. Come back to me if you think I can add more clarification.”

Davy

Thought I might sell the Avtex tv we had in the van last year. It’s an L168DRS. So, I set it all up to check it was all working, but the remote has stopped working. I’ve changed the batteries, taken it apart and cleaned all the button contacts, but it is dead.
So, any idea where I can get a replacement without spending £35 or more on one from Avtex? One for All and Harmony don’t do the codes for Avtex.
Presumably you have checked whether the set turns on using the controls on the TV itself?

Sounds like one for Avtex technical support; I had a very good experience with them when I had a problem with my Snipe satellite system.

I have just changed my remote control on a Visua TV. I got a one4all remote and I couldn't get it to work, so I contacted them and they do know the code, but I had to send off the remote to them and they updated the remote (free of charge) and now it works. Just an idea??

Thanks all. I actually found the receipt for the TV when I logged into the website I bought the TV from. Looks like it’s not as old as I thought it was ( Sept 2017) so I contacted Avtex and they just emailed me asking for the tv serial number and an address to send the new remote.
I think the warranty is for 3 years.

Thanks all. I actually found the receipt for the TV when I logged into the website I bought the TV from. Looks like it’s not as old as I thought it was ( Sept 2017) so I contacted Avtex and they just emailed me asking for the tv serial number and an address to send the new remote.
I think the warranty is for 3 years.
That’s just what they did to my friend which is why last year when I decided to get a proper tv for the van I went for the Avtex they have great after sales support. 👍

Great when a company stands by their word .
I have a Stanley Classic flask that stopped keeping drinks hot after 9 years and as they claim to have a "Lifetime" guarantee I called them, they asked if I had the receipt, I explained it was 9 years old so no I haven't got the receipt, the lady asked me read the serial number from the bottom of the flask which I did and she said it was a genuine Stanley and they sent me a new out within two days! I had a simular exprience with Maglite a few years ago. It's nice when lifetime actually means lifetime :)

Regards,
Del

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back