New self build about to start....

ActiveCampers

Apparently our van has left the Sevel factory and is on a ferry..... So all being well, will be starting building in a few weeks!

Bit of a taster....

The CAD is all dome, 75% of the bits have been bought over the last 12 month and the house is full - so we'll be busy during lockdown 2!

My living room is at the moment my store room, and as soon as I clear a space it seems to fill back up again! Good luck with the build and look forward to updates and piccies, please.

My living room is at the moment my store room, and as soon as I clear a space it seems to fill back up again! Good luck with the build and look forward to updates and piccies, please.
Lucky you! Just your living roon?!
My guest room has all the aluminium profiles, fridge, windows, fridge, solar panels in.
My loft has boiler, fresh tank, glues, towbar, all the electrics, lighting, water, pipes, insulation, table, refillable gas system, skylights (and everything else)
My conservatory has been cleared and full of tools.
The living room looks like a showroom with samples
And the lane to the house is worn out due to all the courier deliveries! :)

And we don't have the van yet.... :D

Will be documented on blog/YouTube and will put bits on here. We're doing stuff no one has done before (or at least shared) - so either we've got good ideas or we are mad lol. Probably both.

Will post some stuff on here, but there will be a time based and "job based" build blog/vid.

Over on the sister site MotorhomeBuilder there is already a activecampers but I don't if that is you as on here you are ActiveCampers ?

If it isn't you, then I suggest you pop on over to the dedicated site run by Phil as there might be a few of us over there who could be able to give you a helping hand should you become stuck.

Been looking forward to this one, Ryan. Will be following your blog with great interest.
Thanks :) It will be a big one. Sadly brought forward for a few reasons, but should keep us out of mischief!

Over on the sister site MotorhomeBuilder there is already a activecampers but I don't if that is you as on here you are ActiveCampers ?

If it isn't you, then I suggest you pop on over to the dedicated site run by Phil as there might be a few of us over there who could be able to give you a helping hand should you become stuck.
Thanks, yeah that's me. It was a bit quiet on there - but busier than "the other one"! I'm on a few facebook groups too just to see what others are doing, but we're quite different approach to most on there. We do use sbmcc too which I find has a very good quality over quantity ratio (facebook is the opposite!). TBH forgot about it as sbmcc has been feeding what I needed.

I did post there with the CAD :)

I'll stick a post there :) I need an app to post on multiple sites lol.

I'm on a few facebook groups too just to see what others are doing, but we're quite different approach to most on there. We do use sbmcc too which I find has a very good quality over quantity ratio (facebook is the opposite!). TBH forgot about it as sbmcc has been feeding what I needed.

Several on Motorhome Builder who came over here at the same time used to be on SBMCC and left because it was patently a club for a limited few along with a whole lot of mods who became power crazed.
I am also on 3 different facebook groups, heaven knows why as so many of the people posting on them are doing such mental things to their vans such as fitting 50mm wide wheel spacers and lightweight alloy wheels without a care about their load rating or legality!

I agree with you that the sister site is somewhat quiet, but I believe that since Phil put it up that quite a few people have been helped which is surely what it is all about.

Phil

Can't imagine what you are going to do to a vehicle that hasnt been done before . a Captain Kirk moment ? :)

Did you bye abroad or UK as interested to know if there is still any savings to be had
Ordered in UK in Feb, and (IMO) good savings. List price of the van with options was £44,085 OTR (!!!!!!!!!!!). So yes, hefty discount - no way I'd justify that on the base van. Still ££££ but well worth it as can option it out with what I want (heated seats; leather wheel; no bulkhead (so trimmed); single pax seat and airbag; folding mirrors etc

Can't imagine what you are going to do to a vehicle that hasnt been done before . a Captain Kirk moment ? :)

I've *never* seen an MH2 with full height bike garage; nor a custom ali roof rack for solar and awning and whatever else; nor a build focused on comfortable lounge/seating without cab. 99% use cab but doing so actually means "lounge" in a small van is compromised (as you can't use space behind pax seat or the space between the seats). So we're focusing on lounge comfort without the cab which give more "usable space". A few do this, but not with the other bits n bobs. There are a few good MH2's with bathroom and garage but with fixed bed and using the cab as lounge - but that doesn't work for us

If anyone made one like this we'd probably have bought it, as it is we've got a project :)

Has anyone ever ordered the Sportivo edition? I've never seen one in the flesh or on the road even lol - so that's got to be unique!

Many many ideas stolen/borrowed from other builds and some pro vans - just hope we can emulate and improve on that :) As the vid says - how hard can it be lol!!

…...sitting by the phone awaiting the call....

There is always a magical idea out there just waiting for someone to design it!

If it was magic, I'd wave my magic wand and say "tardis implemtus" - but no amount of waving my "wand" has had any effect!

Power to your elbow and by the way do you have a name?

Phil

I do - and bmc used it earlier in the thread, and I've been bashing my brains trying to work out who bmc is!! lol Someone else with an NV200 but who......

Like a masked ball....

lol bmc that's me Bill McCausland. Been a member of WC for over 5 years. We've never meet in person but if you re-read my post in
your original thread announcing this new project, that should tell you how I know off you and your name .:)

lol bmc that's me Bill McCausland. Been a member of WC for over 5 years. We've never meet in person but if you re-read my post in
your original thread announcing this new project, that should tell you how I know off you and your name .:)
Ahhhh!
Phew. Didn't know if we met on a meet.
The NV will have to be washed and sold I think - its just not going to move - Wife has foot injury and can't work/walk/drive so 2nd car isn't needed, and we're not going anywhere for walks. Have to be this bigger van to just chill out more. Fingers crossed things get sorted soon....
Still awaiting news from dealer, but itching to get going :)

Reactions: bmc

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back