New Self Build Project Initiated...

Another member on here (Ivecotrucker) gave me some good advice, which was to do a mock up with cardboard boxes, sheets or whatever inside the van before you start the build.
I took his advice and several things had to be rethought or compromised.

Good luck with the build. Do you have a link to your NV conversion?

Rob I removed the wardrobe in our van and made a mock up box ie depth and we went to France and here for six months like this and it really worked a treat ,we then shrunk the wardrobe to our size we simulated with the box and hey presto it’s done
we didn’t want to muck up the robe as hymer furniture is a pain to get

Thanks for comments.
We've 1700+ nights away in vans, so we're comfortable in what stuff and storage we need. Our first van was perfect size (pro SWB transit with grp roof) and we're taking a lot of sizes from that. The extra size in the MWB is for the garage and slightly bigger lounge.... The design is 99% fixed, but as you say, tweaking and changing things is part of the journey.
(Re bathroom door - I've 1001 drawings of possible hinge layouts to maximise the entry and swing angle lol - so I totally get it! In small vans, the detail takes 10x more planning than the doing). /hopefully.
Some things can't change - the fridge is the "best size" W/D and allows us to cheat and gain some fake space lol. But have to pay dearly for it.

If anyone is interested (lol) - the CAD has a walk though with some design decisions in and reasoning.... We do welcome comments :) And we do/have changed designs and bits based on what others have said. But we totally get we're niche and our needs/priorities are non standard lol

The NV 200 van I built (first ever build) is here:

the full build details are on blog, and happy to bore with info :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back