New to all this?

Fun with cancer

Do please excuse but we bought our first Motorhome in November when I was diagnosed with terminal cancer. A small Autotrail 2007 which was all we could afford. Between my oncology appointments and chemotherapy we spent 5 weeks in France and Spain. I just loved it. Back home and more treatment but we have sold our house, bought a tiny one and a Bürstner Elegance I800 which we are driving from the south coast to Staffordshire to collect. Then off again for more treatment. We have gaps of about 8 weeks between hospital. What I really need to know is the best Motorhome Sat Nav system. Hopefully June/July in Scotland and Ireland in the summer and a 5 week gap to go to Spain between late December and February

Best wishes to you all ?

all best wishes to you too.........what a great attitude you have.............hope you get many wonderful experiences with your motorhome adventures..............very good luck with your treatment..........take care

I just love it. Life is for living and enjoying what time I have. Onwards and upwards. Thank you for your response. I’m not old but hey breast cancer is a bummer so let’s get on with it x

As trixie says best wishes to you too and happy travels in your Motorhome welcome and good luck with your treatment

You're an inspiration and I'm confident that you'll have lots of positive experiences in your Moho.
Have you considered joining as a full member and coming along to meets/rallies etc?

In answer to your question, I use a Windows phone for navigation and have done successfully all over Europe for some years. Many folks use other phones and apps, some conventional satnags - and some use special purpose satnags that take account of vehicle size when getting the owner lost.

Take care,
Colin ???

My husband and I spent his final year after a terminal diagnosis enjoying travels in our motorhome. We didn't waste a minute and made lots of wonderful memories together. It should have been the worst year of our lives but it managed to be wonderful at the same time. I wish you lots of happy memory building.

As for the satnav, if you prefer an actual dedicated device, then choose one where you can punch in the dimensions and weight of your motorhome. I've got a Garmin that you can set for car, truck or motorhome and it chooses routes that suit the dimensions... or warns you to be aware if it's not 100% sure a road is suitable. TomTom have a model for motorhomes too. I've also heard good things about the Co-Pilot app, if you'd prefer to use a phone or tablet.

Good luck to you both and happy travels xx

Tremendous attitude, I wish you all the best with your lourneys.

Satnag advice - for me always a Garmin, I’m using a Camper 760 LMT

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back