NEW...Victron Energy Orion XS 50A DC-DC Charger

It looks like an handy update, especially with the VE.Direct port, which was very sadly missing from the Orion Smart-Tr.

I was speaking to one of my distributors this afternoon and will be adding that to my shop at a very competitive price once availabily dates confirmed :)

The new one isn’t supposed to get hot like the old ones is it

Not done us any favours either.

There used to be an app by that name to search Ebay, I managed to blag loads of good stuff cheap, but Ebay shut it down a few years ago.

Would it be suitable for my nuevo with sargrnt 328 set up I was told their was an issue with a BtB and sargent 328
, somthing about a loop causing a battery drain ?.

Would it be suitable for my nuevo with sargrnt 328 set up I was told their was an issue with a BtB and sargent 328
, somthing about a loop causing a battery drain ?.
The Sargent has a built-in Split Charge system, so if you added a B2B (any B2B) the two would be in operation together and you wouldn't get the best from a B2B due to the limitations of the Sargent.
The thing to do if adding a B2B would be to disable the Sargents B2B operation. There are a number of ways to do that (My own favoured way is the snipping of a specific wire so the Sargent simply doesn't know the engine is running).
I think I know why there is an idea about there being a loop but it wouldn't cause a drain and if you disabled the built-in split charge function you would remove any loop situation anyway.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back