New Year Rally, Mask ?

Do you agree we should wear mask when we are walking around in the clubhouse ?

• Total voters

jeffmossy

Rally Organiser

As the time gets closer and covid cases are on the rise, we need to make a decision on how safe we need to keep ourselves as well as our colleagues and staff of the clubhouse at this venue, so what we propose to do is ask everyone who can wear a mask is to wear one in the clubhouse when you are not sat down and walking around, even when going to the loo or bar. At present this is not law, and we cannot police this, but I feel it is our duty to go down this route and look after each other at this very challenging time. We have got other things being discussed at present, but I don't want to go into the details until they have been finalized. I am going to start a poll and this is open to members who are attending the new year rally only. Thank you for voting and remember the safer we make this rally the better the chance we have of not having to cancel it. Jeff

Every Pub, Restaurant and shops are the same at the moment. I think it’s probably the least we can do to protect the Clubs bar staff and of course each other over this very difficult time.

unfortunately mask wearing is going to be our norm i am out for two meals this weekend & will be testing myself in the morning before we go , i think if this meet goes ahead we will be very fortunate and fulfiling a few conditions to ensure that! is the price we will have to pay

At this moment the rally is going ahead. This will change if the government stop us from organising it.
Jeff and I have discussed what we can do to make the rally as safe as possible and we will update attendees as we know more.

We have all been living with this for over a year now and we all know what we are supposed to be doing (or not doing).

Omicron appears to be highly transmissible but appears to have milder symptoms particularly in those who are double jabbed and boosted.

We will NOT be asking members about their vaccination status but those who wish to offer that information to other members are free to do so. I am happy to say that I am fully vaccinated and boosted.

We must not judge those who are not vaccinated as we do not know why they made that decision.

We are requesting that members take a flowflex lateral flow test on the day that they travel, you cannot know if you are infected if you do not test. We will not be asking for test results but we would expect that anyone who tests positive does not attend.

We are both fully vaccinated.

I struggle wearing a mask but am able for a few minutes at a time so no problem when going to the bar or loo. However, as its New Year and there is music, will mask wearing be required if people are dancing?
Also, I've noticed that when people are drinking they tend to forget to put there mask on, what then?

unfortunately mask wearing is going to be our norm i am out for two meals this weekend & will be testing myself in the morning before we go , i think if this meet goes ahead we will be very fortunate and fulfiling a few conditions to ensure that! is the price we will have to pay
I believe the better guideline is to do LFT as near the time as possible before you go out

We are both fully vaccinated.

I struggle wearing a mask but am able for a few minutes at a time so no problem when going to the bar or loo. However, as its New Year and there is music, will mask wearing be required if people are dancing?
Also, I've noticed that when people are drinking they tend to forget to put there mask on, what then?
Hello Ral
When people are sat down drinking or eating, I think it is their own choice if they choose to remove the mask until they have to stand and move around the building again or take it off whilst they eat or drink and then put their mask back on should the individual feel safer
As for on the dance floor, we have not got that far yet with ongoing discussions, and remember the clubhouse or Boris can change any of the above between now and the new year. Hope that makes sense. Jeff

I believe the better guideline is to do LFT as near the time as possible before you go out
I will test each time prior to going out even have kits in van example being I've just done one now and all good now to record it
I feel in these times when folk are catching it ( two of my daughters friends had a catch up in a garden centre this week are now isolating as they've tested positive and they are 30 ish) so we must be prepared to go ott on all fronts imho
it's a pita but come we must try ,so fully agree thea

I'm fully vacinated. The games I am bringing with me for the Wednesday afternoon will be sanitised before use and after each game. Players will have access to hand sanitiser which I hope they will use. Any other conditions will be decided when the current relevant regulations are clear.

For anyone that has not been able to order lateral flow tests in England, they are now available again on the Gov website.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back