Newbie from Stoke On Trent

Burge

Hi to everyone, We just become the owners of a Eldiss Accordo 105 first time in a Motorhome had a few Caravans in the past but much prefer driving this, just like to say looking forward to chatting & possibly meeting up with you all in the near future, thanks Chris.

Hi to everyone, We just become the owners of a Eldiss Accordo 105 first time in a Motorhome had a few Caravans in the past but much prefer driving this, just like to say looking forward to chatting & possibly meeting up with you all in the near future, thanks Chris.
Welcome, very informative and friendly site. Hope to see you on rallies. Enjoy

Hi and welcome 👋

Welcome to the forum, hopefully see you at a meet one day. Don't be afraid to attend the meets they are friendly and good fun. we have made some great friends from all over the UK (y)

Regards,
Del & Diane

Good Morning,,,,
Often pass Stoke on our way to Donington Park ,,, We r sure u will enjoy the site for hints & tips ,,, Not been to any socials yet as fairly new ourselves,,, We r just getting the van ready for our Jan to April winter sun in Spain ,,, take care guys 👍 & enjoy ,,,

Good Morning,,,,
Often pass Stoke on our way to Donington Park ,,, We r sure u will enjoy the site for hints & tips ,,, Not been to any socials yet as fairly new ourselves,,, We r just getting the van ready for our Jan to April winter sun in Spain ,,, take care guys 👍 & enjoy ,,,
Thanks for the warm welcome, we're thinking of a trip (our 1st ever in a M/H) either to Spain or shorter to France could you let us know more on your Itinerary, thanks Chris.

Hi Chris ,,,
With ref to France & Spain the Autovia,s abroad r a pleasure to drive on as a lot quiter compared to UK ,,, Your journey would depened on your touring outlook ,,, i personaly now travel on the 2 x night crossing from Portsmouth to Santander then 550mls to Benidorm where we head for the winter sun at Camping Villasol from Fri 20th Jan booked on boat & return Weds 19th April = 88 days in Spain as u can only visit for 90 days max ,,, if you travel via Calais it is 1,120mls Calais to Benidorm then you have to take into account French toll roads + extra fuel & travel days each way ??? ,,,, Any asvice just ask Chris 👍

Thanks for your reply, will put a thread up as advised by Steve looking for as much info as possible, Chris

It included 4kw of electric per day & after 80 days this year was still in credit when i checked out as really just powered kettle & fridge as so cheap to eat out ,,,

If going to France, in addition to any info here, there is a vast amount on wildcamping.co.uk and the WildCamping POIs cover a very large number of locations in France and some in Iberia. Also worth looking at www.campingcar-infos.com which has an extensive database of aires, particularly in France but more generally throughout Europe and elsewhere, as well as a chargeable app for ease of consultation when travelling.
France Passion (membership required) offers a wide range of overnighting locations, generally on the premises of small businesses (notably vineyards and farms); some command of French enables one to make the most of this option.
When touring France, I always try to take in a few of the Plus Beaux Villages and recently discovered the Plus Beaux Détours.

Thanks very much.... all info gladly appreciated also always love to see the culture of Foreign Countries we have visited, thanks again Chris.

Hi Chris ,,,
With ref to France & Spain the Autovia,s abroad r a pleasure to drive on as a lot quiter compared to UK ,,, Your journey would depened on your touring outlook ,,, i personaly now travel on the 2 x night crossing from Portsmouth to Santander then 550mls to Benidorm where we head for the winter sun at Camping Villasol from Fri 20th Jan booked on boat & return Weds 19th April = 88 days in Spain as u can only visit for 90 days max ,,, if you travel via Calais it is 1,120mls Calais to Benidorm then you have to take into account French toll roads + extra fuel & travel days each way ??? ,,,, Any asvice just ask Chris 👍
If you were sensible enough to marry a lady who has an Irish Passport, there's none of the '90 day max stay' nonsense, because the EU Member benefit extends to the immediate family members. We've done around 115 days in France and Spain so far this year [but 24 days will expire tomorrow], and plan to stay for at least 90 days, subject to being able to get adequate Travel and Property Insurance. If we can resolve these issues, we will go for up to 6 months

Steve

You trumped us there Steve,,,, 🤣,,,, The Mrs is still working so we have to plan accordingley & she fly,s out to Spain then returns with me in the Motorhome ,,,, Then from the end of April each year we tour the Superbike racing season as we have family that race in the Superbike / Superstock events & also road racing in Ireland & the isle of man,,, then of course we r away in the Motorhome at various events ,,,,
Ken

ppv80788513491401924921297b15-3e6d-481d-91e1-a355a69adb14.jpgppv37789209655854023090f130ac-bb00-432e-ad8e-de94d04bddd2.jpgppv87522675649243842065aa6b4e4-d645-4cfe-a605-3d44540096e0.jpg20190501_152523.jpg

You trumped us there Steve,,,, 🤣,,,, The Mrs is still working so we have to plan accordingley & she fly,s out to Spain then returns with me in the Motorhome ,,,, Then from the end of April each year we tour the Superbike racing season as we have family that race in the Superbike / Superstock events & also road racing in Ireland & the isle of man,,, then of course we r away in the Motorhome at various events ,,,,
Ken
At my age Ken, I couldn't cope with a fast lady; I'd struggle with one on a mobility scooter, and I had to give up the motorbikes in 2009 when my hips became too bad to get my leg over [which takes me back to the opening sentence ...] :rolleyes:

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back