Newport Motorhome Mechanic ?

Penny13

So we are a Fiat Ducato just got back to Dover with a clutch that stuck down, so it goes to the floor and sticks it’s done it twice we are able to redheads it at the moment. Does anyone know a mechanic in Newport Gwent that will deal with a coach built motorhome ?

Penny13, These two I can recommend from personal experience with my Ducato although they may not suit as they are not quite Newport.

Here goes anyway:-

1. RVS Autocentre, Tongwynlais - just off J32 M4 02920 813131

2. Peak Performance, Llandow Trading Estate, Nr Cowbridge 01446 775775

The latter is a small, clean, friendly outfit near where I live and they service my current van. PM me if you want any help/info or refuge!

Hope this helps.

If you pull the pedal back up by your foot or by hand does it work ok
on these van some have a telescopic strutt on the pedal if you remove it it can eliminate this issue you are having
as I say not on all
other ones can be the internal slave cylinder causing this fault

Can't help, but this happened on our 07 Ducato last year, fortunately, it had the exterior slave cylinder so it was a simple crawl under and replace, £145 inc VAT some are in the bell housing and a much bigger job.

Hope you get sorted.

And it's external, I think they all have a slave on manual 07> Ducatos.

It won't be in the engine for certain, it will almost certainly be either in the bell housing or fastened to it on the outside.

put the reg in here

It will have a slave cylinder Penny but it could be in the bellhousing I have an 59 plate citroen relay and mine is in the bellhousing which mean the gearbox has to come out to replace it.Depending what milage you have done and the box has to come out I would change the clutch as well .l change my clutch and it had only just done 40000 miles .

Last edited:
Don't quote me but on mine this is the one
1678880544521.png

And I think this is the internal one, you've not given any vehicle details so all guesswork.
Mine is a 2.2 engine.
1678880638770.png

It will have a slave cylinder Penny but it could be in the bellhousing I have an 59 plate citroen relay and mine is in the bellhousing which mean the gearbox has to come out to replace it
Reading between the lines I think the 2.2 vans are external and 2.3 up is internal.

Quite why they have to continually change things to make it more difficult is beyond me, slaves have historically been on the outside, but then you don't need a garage to do it for you, a monkey could change one, or fit a new cable for the none hydraulic ones.

Just checked out of curiosity, ours is the infernal type on the car.

It's a good job I'm okay with being wrong, might be an age-related change then mine is an 07.

If it is an internal one depending on the model it could be 8 hours labour so if it was me I would have a new clutch fitted at the same time, what is the year and engine size?

Morning guys we broke down in Kent yesterday and phoned our recovery. So after a loud night parked on the A249 we are waiting for the truck ( let’s see what they send ) lucky for us we managed to pull into a cafe / diner and the owners have been lovely.
We decided to tow it to our summer residence in Devon and have it booked in for the beginning of April.
The Newport garages are in my notes now thank you. It has 60000 on the clock and 10 years old so clutch will be done as well !!!
So we will arrive in style after our Snowbirds tour but Number Thirteen Bus did get us into the UK 🇬🇧
We have a bit of clutch left to limp to the garage 🤞

Penny13, These two I can recommend from personal experience with my Ducato although they may not suit as they are not quite Newport.

Here goes anyway:-

1. RVS Autocentre, Tongwynlais - just off J32 M4 02920 813131

2. Peak Performance, Llandow Trading Estate, Nr Cowbridge 01446 775775

The latter is a small, clean, friendly outfit near where I live and they service my current van. PM me if you want any help/info or refuge!

Hope this helps.
Thank you we were meeting friends when we broke down so went ahead with our evening with them and stayed in the van for the night.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back