Next time you go for a MRI scan

I had an MRI scan on my brain last week, terrifying. I've had quite a few before but all spine and knees.
Bearing in mind I already have a severe hearing loss, the noise through both earplugs and headphones sounded like a Massey Ferguson that needed a really good service 20 years ago. The cage over my head didn't help. I think it was there to stop any bits falling off causing too serious an injury after they'd bounced off the walls and ceiling then landed on you.
The one I had before that was the day after a knee replacement, where they were checking that they hadn't damaged my spine. I had metal clips in, and no-one could say whether they would heat up or not, so I was told to squeeze the alarm thing the moment I felt them getting hot, and scream as well of course. Luckily they didn't heat up but I didn't appreciate being a guinea pig.

I hate them, CT is fine it is fairly quiet, just a glorified Xray really, bit not as good as MRI.

Had mine some years back when i had a mini stroke, felt and sounded like i was in a time travel unit, then again i did not look like a silver car.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back