No more noisy generators

Status
Not open for further replies.
almost silent gens are the way, I am looking at fitting a silencer, home made going to get in touch with the maker of the generator.

Just thought once they offer UK version it might be useful for running away from the van.

Truly an awfull remark , Free member or not.

Why? I didn't say go and do this, or condone doing so.
It's a fact though, the only silent generator is a non
operating generator. I put it in a 'humerous' (debatable)
way. And no, no smileys needed, I wouldn't wish to patronise
other forum members in signalling or explaining my intent,
most couldn't care less, I'd contend?

Your biggest problem is charging it up again. Hate to think how big a solar panel you need to charge it up in Scotland on a nice warm November day. Me thinks you would have to use the Inverter in the MH.

What you really really need in a

HYDROGEN FUEL CELL

3A of power 24 hours a day with no noise so that’s 72A in 24 hours. Should keep any power hungry MH topped up.

Hey folks! Do your clapboards rattle in those prairie winds
do your doors sag? If so fer just 50 bucks you get 100 Thomas
Edison Patented compressive fixing devices guaranteed to solve these
and many other problems around your shack, you'll probably never regret
making such a smart move. One week only offer $49.99

We call those devices screws.
Bit like Battery and Inverter in a box. Ecoflow Delta lol.
$1099 I'd expect Lithium minimum.

Your biggest problem is charging it up again. Hate to think how big a solar panel you need to charge it up in Scotland on a nice warm November day. Me thinks you would have to use the Inverter in the MH.

What you really really need in a

HYDROGEN FUEL CELL

3A of power 24 hours a day with no noise so that’s 72A in 24 hours. Should keep any power hungry MH topped up.

can it run a microwave and heating my genny does.

can it run a microwave and heating my genny does.

I have an Efoy which can produce 140Ah each day, silently. OK nothing like as much power as a petrol/gas genny which might achieve this in a couple of hours but it is more than enough for my needs. It is not a cheap option but for me peace and quiet are a top priority. I also like that it looks after itself and will cut in during the night if my CPAP pulls the battery down a bit. The battery never needs to be stressed, you can set it to turn on well before the battery reaches a level where damage might occur. I also don't need a second battery which saves weight.

With modern technology there is really no need to annoy others with a generator for personal convenience. Not only are they selfish, but can easily result in the loss of excellent overnight parking locations. If you feel that you need a generator perhaps it’s time to reconsider the set up of your van. Some of course will just go ahead and stuff everybody else and use a generator.

or, in my case, not park up on campsites and aires where other people are. when we travelled more often i carried 2 gennies , an 1800 to run most power tools ,and a 4kw for heavier stuff and welding . at the time a lot of travellers worked to pay for the life style ,and a lot of them were young and uncomplaining

With modern technology there is really no need to annoy others with a generator for personal convenience. Not only are they selfish, but can easily result in the loss of excellent overnight parking locations. If you feel that you need a generator perhaps it’s time to reconsider the set up of your van. Some of course will just go ahead and stuff everybody else and use a generator.
You really are obnoxious at times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back