Northern England trip

UK campsites website reckons the campsite is now closed. Possibly due to you know what.
I wonder if they'd let you overnight outside, if you asked, very politely..
Ditto at the railway..
I believe the train goes down to Linton on Ouse.. Maybe they'd have more room to you ?
If you don't ask.. You never get...

We are planning a northern trip in September. The idea started as we both remember Its a Knockout from the 70's and the exotic sounding places folks came from: Scarborough, Filey, Bridlington and Whitby...so we thought we'd put a trip together to visit these places (albeit briefly) and then head elsewhere.

The outline plan is...

- York (2/3 nights): we have been before but not to the Yorvik Centre nor the Rail Museum

- Yorkshire coast visiting said It's a Knockout places. We'll either stop somewhere convenient and use the bus to get around or do some 2 night stops at places so we can visit. I'm guessing that there could be an element of tired seaside town about them but never mind. We have been to Whitby before but this time wasn't a site closer to town as we had to bus in...and it was raining too!

- Northumberland: I used to live there so will try and get up the coast to Amble; Alnwick; Lindisfarne; and Berwick. Planning on at least a week.

- Cumbria/Lakes: Another week here at somewhere in/near a town and on a lake!

- Blackpool: I keep threatening to take Mrs GMJ so this time I will! She says the lights are worth seeing.

- Liverpool: never been as a tourist (just when on business before I was a teacher, and then only to factories on the edge)

I am happy to get any info/advice on sites and places to visit before I start my own research.

TIA :)

Alnwick rugby club have overnight camping either £10 or £15 incl toilets bar etc. Of course that is only during the off seaso. when games restart that will disappear so check first.
richard manners has setup a small site in Embleton. It’s called ”Embleton Bay”
enjoy.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back