Not a mobile phone in sight.

I was a 14 year old child bride in 1967, wondering why people might be going to San Francisco; possibly because it was better than Birmingham, Watching Flowers in the Rain, even if it did make the garden grow ... :D

Steve

A better life then I think. It’s very odd to think that all those stylish young people are now aged late 70s or 80s.
And we are still stylish, aren't we, Bill ?
You never lose that, when you've danced the Watusi and the Mashed Potato.
Jenny and I won a twist competition in 1969.
I reckon we still could.!
She on 2 sticks ,me on Ibuprofen.

I was a 14 year old child bride in 1967, wondering why people might be going to San Francisco; possibly because it was better than Birmingham, Watching Flowers in the Rain, even if it did make the garden grow ... :D

Steve
Flowers in the Rain was the first record played on the new Radio 1 .....................although I really missed Radio Caroline............especially Tony Prince your Royal Ruler.

But never mind the flowers, the Move later sang that you could hear the grass grow........with the right "preparation" of course.

Thanks for excellent videos once again Kev.

I was knocking around there in 68 onwards and not quite 70 yet Bill :)
A miracle to look at you, @nabism
And just confirms that a clean lifestyle, pure thoughts and careful drinking, really does keep you looking young and beautiful...
( Mind you, Neil, it's over 3 years since we last set eyes on you. )

Married in '67 (emerald anniversary next Friday !!) and both still (just) above ground. I got a bronze medal for my cha cha in '63 and met Sue shortly after
There we are, naked face and hair, oh those halcyon days

aich in the 60s.jpg#4.jpg

Flowers in the Rain was the first record played on the new Radio 1 .....................although I really missed Radio Caroline............especially Tony Prince your Royal Ruler.

But never mind the flowers, the Move later sang that you could hear the grass grow........with the right "preparation" of course.

Thanks for excellent videos once again Kev.
On the Tony Blackburn show, he's still at it too.

Married in '67 (emerald anniversary next Friday !!) and both still (just) above ground. I got a bronze medal for my cha cha in '63 and met Sue shortly after
Moody looking cove, weren't you,
Another tight soul, who played bass..
Why pay for 6 strings, when you can get gigs and pull birds doing a job that only a minority dreamed of fancied doing.. They all wanted to be Hank Marvin, later Hendrix..
I never broke a string in 7 gigging years.

Moody looking cove, weren't you,
Another tight soul, who played bass..
Why pay for 6 strings, when you can get gigs and pull birds doing a job that only a minority dreamed of fancied doing.. They all wanted to be Hank Marvin, later Hendrix..
I never broke a string in 7 gigging years.
Swapped that bass for a jazz which I gave away to a friends church a couple of months ago, but for various reasons I only did session stuff and a few guest things over the years until the arthritcals kicked in, but I still try (and fail miserably too)

I got a Ballroom Dancing Bronze Medal [Failed] in 1980. I tried to duck the exam by working late and arriving home about 10 minutes before the Class started with a faux 'Sorry, Darling, problems at the office', but was told to leave my coat on and get back in the car, because 'We can just about make it' ... I fainted [honest] because of hunger and mild dehydration, and never did get my certificate ... :D Teach me to try and skive off ...

Steve

When I was a lad.... no mobiles, no internet, no cameras everywhere, no seatbelts, no crash helmets, no double glazing, no central heating, no shower, no microwave, no crappy fast food, no credit or debit cards.....the list goes on.
How on earth did we survive?
It’s amazing how we managed to communicate with mates, buy things, stay alive, keep warm, keep clean, get fed.....
And do all this without getting into deep debt.... jeez, I’m feeling old....

Flower power and woodstock stick in my mind from I was a child watching it on an old pie black & white TV.
Then there was the mini skirts on the young girls.:love:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back