Not a mobile phone in sight.

Flower power and woodstock stick in my mind from I was a child watching it on an old pie black & white TV.
Then there was the mini skirts on the young girls.:love:
Perv.

A miracle to look at you, @nabism
And just confirms that a clean lifestyle, pure thoughts and careful drinking, really does keep you looking young and beautiful...
( Mind you, Neil, it's over 3 years since we last set eyes on you. )
Yes something definitely went wrong then as I did none of those. Live fast die young and failed, would have taken better care of myself if I had ever thought I would last so long haha

I began working in the Bank in Sep 1970 and became a cashier, on Number 3 Till, in May 1972. Number 3 Till was directly opposite the Entrance Door, freezing in Winter BUT I could see when the wonderfully named Marilyn J Peabody left Owen & Owen's store to bring in the Day's banking, enabling me to close my Till and count bags of 'shot' coin, re-opening just as Marilyn entered the Banking Hall ... Fair warmed the cockles of my heart, amongst other vital organs :D

Steve

I began working in the Bank in Sep 1970 and became a cashier, on Number 3 Till, in May 1972. Number 3 Till was directly opposite the Entrance Door, freezing in Winter BUT I could see when the wonderfully named Marilyn J Peabody left Owen & Owen's store to bring in the Day's banking, enabling me to close my Till and count bags of 'shot' coin, re-opening just as Marilyn entered the Banking Hall ... Fair warmed the cockles of my heart, amongst other vital organs :D

Steve
Marilyn J Peabody...

She sounds like a character in a Marx brothers film..
My grandsons love them...Black and white and speaking what seems like a foreign language,to them..
They don't make films that funny anymore..
No explosions, car chases and only nominal violence.

No tree for us, Kev. We're miserable old gits who treat Xmas as any other day [though we would normally be in Spain in Brunhilde having spent the Xmas Fund on the Trip!]. We buy what we want/need at the time [and adjust the timing to take account of sales or offers]. Ebenezer Scrooge is my role model :D

Steve

Marilyn J Peabody...

She sounds like a character in a Marx brothers film..
My grandsons love them...Black and white and speaking what seems like a foreign language,to them..
They don't make films that funny anymore..
No explosions, car chases and only nominal violence.
From a night at the opera, a near enough quote:

Groucho: when I give you the signal, run up the curtain
Chico: what do you think I am, a squirrel?

Flower power and woodstock stick in my mind from I was a child watching it on an old pie black & white TV.
Then there was the mini skirts on the young girls.:love:
My cousin in New York went to Woodstock, I was so jealous! ......
Talking with my old dad when he was in his nineties about his life, I asked him what stood out from the sixties for him. He said the moon landing and mini skirts!

My cousin in New York went to Woodstock, I was so jealous! ......
Talking with my old dad when he was in his nineties about his life, I asked him what stood out from the sixties for him. He said the moon landing and mini skirts!
And Hot Pants ... :D

Steve

I was quite partial to culottes a few years later, made my imagination run wild.

The sad thing about the Woodstock generation was I really thought things were going to change for the better ...................................All You need is Love.
You can look back cynically now, but I really believed it at the time...........................where did it all go wrong.........................and that's only on this Forum. :confused::confused:

The sad thing about the Woodstock generation was I really thought things were going to change for the better ...................................All You need is Love.
You can look back cynically now, but I really believed it at the time...........................where did it all go wrong.........................and that's only on this Forum. :confused::confused:
'Do you believe in free love, then?'
'Did I send you an invoice, did I?' :D

Steve

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back